Love Forged in War

Love Forged in War

A Story by Leafy
"

Two forbidden lovers save their people and home by the guiding light of the Moon

"
Once upon a time, there was a beautiful fairy princess and a elegant elf prince, their lands were torn apart by war to control the Fae Forest, they both wanted the same goals, peace for the fae and all creatures to resided inside the forest. One day the fairy princess decided to wonder outside her tribe lands, she had never seen the world before and was so curious as to what was outside. She found herself upon a field of lunar flowers and swooping willow trees that caressed and tickled a small, almost crystalline blue lake. The time was midnight and the Goddess herself was dancing in the sky above the lake. The Princess was in awe, seeing this sight, taking it in, she suddenly realized a very elegant looking being on the other side of the lake, resting on a branch of the tree, reading a scroll and singing a song as he scribbled it's lyrics onto the parchment.The princess had never seen anyone different than her own people, but alas, she knew what he was as there was gossip about slender, tall beings in the forest with pointed ears and no wings. She thought to herself "He... Does not seem so bad, actually, he is quite beautiful". The Prince had taken in the glisten of her wings and hopping down from the willow tree branch and walked over towards the glittering sight of the princess. She looked up at him as he approached and she spoke in an gentle voice with a small bounce of nervousness "H.. Hello, I am Princess Aura" He smiled at her and leaned forward with his hand pressed to his chest. "Pleasure to meet you, I am Prince Skye". The princess asked the prince about his song and he began to sing. She felt her heart bounce in happiness and she knew this tickle in her chest had to be love for this being, almost destined. The two would part ways shortly after and continue to meet there every night, falling deeper and deeper in love with one another as they grew closer. Her fondest memory was them sharing a dance by the lake to his beautiful singing. The Princess had tried to meet up with him again once more a few nights after but he had not been there and she knew something was wrong so she flew back home as fast as she could and her people were missing all except the young and women. The Princess took off and followed the will o wisps right to the heat of the struggle. The Prince had been there on the side lines, watching in horror before the two ran to one another, he laced his arms around her and pulled her to his chest he asked " What are you doing here, you could get yourself killed M'love."
 She teared up and reached for his porcelain face and spoke "You had not shown to our meeting spot and I feared the worst, I knew our lands were struggling and I was scared you had been slewed by the result of it." In this moment a petal from the lunar flowers landed on their heads, the Goddess herself had been watching over the two's blessed love and spoke to them and them alone "For the sake of your future and all those in this forest, use your love to guide your peoples back to the light." Hearing the voice, small glowing runes would flow over their bodies letting off a massive light as they walked hand and hand into the center of the field, everyone stopped and stared at the pair, a few shouted. "HOW DARE SHE COLLABORATE WITH THESE SAVAGES" Another spoke "WHY IS HE HOLDING THE HAND OF A BEAST" And the two spoke loudly. "We have our blessings from the Goddess Luna herself, put down your arms and bare witness to our love, we will not part and we will be together, it is divine will!". The clans had gasped taking in the markings upon their flesh, dropping their blades and sitting themselves on the floor as the two spoke for and to their people " We both want peace once more in our home, how does war solve piece so we may all live? Why must one rule the lands? You aim and seek to protect all creatures but you are both attacking a very fundamental part of your cause!" The prince spoke " I as the prince of the Elfine kingdom, say we surrender and we ally with the opposing party, I vow myself to never let another being or creature be slewed for the sake of peace, let my love be a testament to my vow!" And the princess spoke herself "I Princess of the Faeline kingdom, vow to lay down arms and accept said ally to the Elfine, I no longer will support such savagery from my people, We are all better than this and to protect and bring peace it must be shown first to our enemies"The two had kissed and their fathers took a stance and began to speak but was silenced by a flash of moon light and a sweeping breeze, The Goddess was not allowing her children to suffer anymore, the light circled around the two as if a mothers arms protecting her children. The kings silenced themselves and nodded, Agreeing to the testament. From this day forward the two lands joined and the forest prospered. Princess Aura and Prince Skye had gotten married and bared beautiful children, a boy and two girls. They would press on to be the hope of the future and a beautiful story for many millennia to come.

© 2020 Leafy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on June 4, 2020
Last Updated on June 4, 2020
Tags: Fae, Fairytale, Bedtime Story, forbidden Love

Author

Leafy
Leafy

Decatur, GA



About
I am a small being with nothing to lose. more..

Writing
His Lucifer His Lucifer

A Poem by Leafy