To Rise Above

To Rise Above

A by Vertigo

I would walk along getting lost in the pavement, caught up in the frozen air, but I didn't mind...I loved the crispness of the wind against me and the sky was never more clear...I reached the park and he was there waiting by the willow tree, this light skinned dark eyed being. "Its freezing" he would say and I shrugged... "But I love how clear the stars are this evening" he would say looking up as though he were reaching skyward....Then he would look in my direction and smile...

It was the end of everything then...it would be too late for the sun to rise again. "Find me" he would say. But I was at the center, calm and still and surrounded by a storm that I wanted to rise above...

© 2009 Vertigo


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good poem, but keep the verb tenses constant. I enjoyed reading it, though I'm a bit confused as to the meaning of it. I'm not experienced with reading poetry, so maybe that's why.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Added on July 31, 2009

Author

Vertigo
Vertigo

Lithia Springs, GA



About
My work...does have personal meaning, however in poetry it's about how it makes you feel or how it speaks to you... -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.. more..

Writing
Sunset Sunset

A Poem by Vertigo


Amber iris Amber iris

A Poem by Vertigo