No Name Part 1

No Name Part 1

A Story by Leanne Conway

     A little girl with bright blue eyes sits by the window awaiting her fathers arrival, waiting patiently to jump on him and give him a big hug before their walk to the park. The minutes start ticking by, soon hours go by and the little starts growing worry. She notices the sun is beginning to sink behind the house across the street and her father is nowhere in sight. She sighs and gets up from where she sat and began walking up the stairs to her bedroom with her head hanging low. Dinner goes by with just her and her mother while her father is still not home, but it's time for her bath and she's beginning to grow angry with her father. She crosses her arms and begins to pout while her mother starts her bath. With sad eyes her mother picks up her daughters chin and kisses her cheek, it'll be okay sweetie take your bath and get some rest. The little girl shows a small smile as she got in her bath. Her mother leaned on the door frame watching her daughter with concerned eyes, how was she going to tell her daughter that her father wasn't coming home... how was she going to break the news that he's gone to a new home, a home way up high in the clouds.
      The little girl was all ready for bed in her pajamas's snuggled in bed smiling at her mother, she's tucked her in tight and kissed her forehead softly, and just as she was leaving the room, her daughter said in a soft voice... "Mommy, where's daddy?". She could feel the tears begin to fall from her eyes, she tried to hide them but her daughter begin growing worry, "Does daddy not love us anymore? Why isn't he home?". Her mother wiped her eyes and smiled a soft smile as she turned back around to look at her daughter. She was going to break her daughters heart and she knew that, but what happened next was not what she was expecting. As she sat down on her daughters bed, the little girl looked at her mother with those bright blue eyes and said "He's gone.. isn't he...?". Her mother nodded her head... "It'll be alright, we'll make it through this." The little girl rolled over and stared at the picture of her father, mother and her standing in front of their new house, she was 5 at the time, and now shes 13.
      The next day the little girl didn't speak a single word about her father, instead she kissed her mothers cheek and told her she loved before she walked out the door to catch the bus for school. The mother sat at the kitchen table with tears sliding down her face when she received a call from her husbands brother. The funeral would be held in two days and he would be there to pick them up at 9 in the morning. She didn't want to believe that her family was breaking apart but it all begin happening so fast, she begin getting scared and worried...
      Later that day, her daughter came home from school with a friend, they went to sit at the kitchen table to start their homework, but the table was covered in her fathers things, his clothes where folded there perfectly, all his books stacked neatly next to the table on the floor but her mother was nowhere to be found. Her daughter began to worry as she ran up the stairs to her bedroom, her picture frame was on the floor broken and her picture was torn so her father was no longer there.. she dropped to her knees and began to cry while her friend sunk to his knees next to her grabbing her close as she cried. What she thought was a dream last night, was real and her father was gone. She screamed out at the sky asking why was her father taken as the tears streamed down her face.
      The next day her uncle came to pick them up for the funeral, she sat in the back seat with headphones in listening to music trying to ignore what was going on, when they got to the funeral home, the little girl refused to go inside and her mother just nodded. She sat on the porch swing listening to her music when someone sat down next to her, she didn't look up to see who it was, but the voice startled her, in a claim voice he called to her, "Sweetie, it's going to be okay, I promise you, I may be gone from your view, but I'm always going to be here in your heart". She felt the warm tears on her cheek and looked up too see nobody there. She looked around confused wondering if she daydreamed it all.. She slowly got up and walked inside and everyone there looked at her as she walked to her father laying there with what seemed like a smile of his face. She kissed her hand and placed it on his heart and walked to her mother taking her hand and whispering "He's okay..."

© 2016 Leanne Conway


Author's Note

Leanne Conway
Kinda links to what happened with me. Enjoy, please give me feed back.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

328 Views
1 Review
Added on September 29, 2016
Last Updated on September 30, 2016

Author

Leanne Conway
Leanne Conway

Glen Burnie, MD



About
Just read and find out more..

Writing