No Name Part 3

No Name Part 3

A Story by Leanne Conway

    A few months had past since the incident with the letter found on the kitchen counter, they just ignored it trying to think of happier things. They changed all the locks on the doors and windows just in case it happened again. It was a bright Friday afternoon and Verona was walking home from school with her friend Jackson. She's graduating soon, just a few more weeks and she would be done her senior year of highschool. She remembered the night her father was asking what she wanted to do after she graduated, and now since that was coming closer into view, she really had no idea what she wanted too do. "Why don't you apply to colleges? You're truly an intelligent girl and any college would love to have you."' Jackson said smiling at her. She laughed and shrugged, "That's a possibility." she trailed off at the end with a smile.
    When they got to her house, she noticed her moms car wasn't in the driveway, she was a little confused because ever since what happened, her mother always told her where she was going. She sighed and unlocked the front door slowly walking into the house noticing a bunch of boxes stacked by the front door labelled with "Kitchen, Bathroom" and a few others. "Are you moving...?" Jackson said sadly behind her. "If I am, I had no idea... honestly." She said reaching for her phone to call her mom just as she was pulling up in the driveway.
"Mom? What's going on..." Verona asked walking down the front steps to her mom.
"I'm sorry sweetie... I wanted to tell you but I didn't know how too" Her mother said looking at her carefully.
"Where's Ashton?" She said looking in the backseat of the car. "What are you trying to tell me?"
"He's at your uncles." She responded calmly. "Soon we will be too... we can't afford to live here anymore. You're uncle is taking us in."
"Oh... okay, well I have homework to do..." She said staring at the sidewalk. "I'll talk to you late Jackson..."
"Yea, okay Rona... I'm here if ya wanna talk." He said walking across the yard.
    After Verona finished her homework she put her school books back in her backpack and looked at her stuff in her room. Her two bookshelves that couldn't even hold all her books, her TV stored neatly between them on her wooden shoe racks she made into a TV stand to hold her video games and movies. All the memories she had made in this house just to have to leave them behind, on the upside to this whole situation whoever had written that note won't know where they were going.

© 2016 Leanne Conway


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
Added on October 27, 2016
Last Updated on October 27, 2016

Author

Leanne Conway
Leanne Conway

Glen Burnie, MD



About
Just read and find out more..

Writing