A Child's Eye's part 2

A Child's Eye's part 2

A Story by Ashley G.
"

Next chapter! =3

"

Every tree dead, old and young had a story to tell like the stars in the night sky or every drop of rain. She enjoyed listening and dreaming of those stories. The wind would whisper secrets in her ear as it danced around the trees and the rain would cry out it’s adventures through the atmosphere. She enjoyed dancing with the flowers on the rare occasions they bloomed but they always died quickly because the soil wasn’t good. It was surprising they grew in the first place. Another secret she kept from her mother was the few friends she had made on her treks through the woods. Well, she called them friends because she would talk to them sometimes but they never really enjoyed her company. The wild dogs that had found shelter in the woods were hostile and would growl at her when she approached. She knew, however, of the pups they protected. 


“Claire, did you hear me?” her mother yelled startling her from her musings. 


“No, mother.” Claire said honestly.


“I told you to go to bed. Now to bed with you!” her mother scolded clapping her hands in attempt to rush her. 


“Yes, ma’am.” Claire said putting her bowl in the sink and rushing to the back room where her bed was located. The dog followed her jumping on her cotton sheets before her. 

“No, Fellow, get down.” Claire said picking up the chubby beagle and setting him on the floor before changing into her sleeping gown and climbing under the covers. 

Claire soon fell to the realm of dreams. Dreams of a thriving forest instead of the dead one she visited each day. A forest filled with living creatures she had only heard about from her mother. Birds and flowers of every color and orange and white cat-faced creatures called foxes. Insects of every kind like the ones with pretty fairy wings her mother named butterflies. She dreamed of her father as well. The one thing her mother rarely talked about and only talked of him in fits of despair. Her father lost in the rage of war would never return to them. Claire knew this but her mother would often lose herself in fantasies of his return. Claire had by now even forgotten his face only remembering it in her dreams but upon waking the memory would vanish. She dreamed of her father’s caring yet strong hug as he would lift her onto his shoulders and let her see the world at a new height. Though her dreams ended as they always did with Fellow jumping on her stomach with his fat self. She rose from her bed picking up Fellow and kissing the top of his head before skipping into the kitchen where her mother was always cooking breakfast. However, this morning her mother wasn’t in front of the stove cooking eggs or bacon. 

“Mother?” Claire called and walked to her mother’s room where her mother was still in bed. 

“What’s wrong, mother?” Claire asked timidly nearing the edge of the bed. Her mother said nothing her breathing ragged. Claire touched her mother’s cheek to find it burning hot. Her mother had fever.

© 2013 Ashley G.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am even more anxious to read the next part as was this one. Excellent continuation.

Posted 11 Years Ago


great job i loved it:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ashley G.

11 Years Ago

YAY!
marie

11 Years Ago

:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 1, 2013
Last Updated on February 1, 2013

Author

Ashley G.
Ashley G.

Writing
Baby Girl Baby Girl

A Poem by Ashley G.


Whisper Whisper

A Poem by Ashley G.