Cataclysm - Prologue Exert

Cataclysm - Prologue Exert

A Story by L. Steel


. . .Even in the middle of that bright afternoon, the forest looked dark and twisted. It cast an oppressive gloom that reached out with grasping tendrils that seemed to grow as quickly as the vines and brambles that now entangled his fence.

His uneasiness intensified and his knuckles turned bone white as his grip on the sickle involuntarily squeezed tighter. Among the trees, a face with dark, sullen eyes and wooden, emotionless features. One more. Two more. Five more! Victor instinctively brought his hands up in front of him, his right hand held the sickle while his left balled up into a massive fist.

“What is it Pa? Do you see something out there?” Victor quickly glanced at his son to see Shane mimicking his own defensive stance. His eyes darted back to the treeline to address the would be attackers, but none could be found. In their stead, gnarled, swirling tree knots shrouded in eerie shadows cast from the dense foliage above. . .

© 2017 L. Steel


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on April 13, 2017
Last Updated on April 13, 2017

Author

L. Steel
L. Steel

Canada



About
I am an RPG and tabletop game enthusiast. I've got the same problem most people do, I don't get in enough games to satisfy my obsession! I've always loved writing and world crafting, and have found Dn.. more..

Writing