Something otherworldly; peering at me while I wake

Something otherworldly; peering at me while I wake

A Poem by Em
"

I wrote this very quickly and unexpectedly, I just want to know if it's any good. I'm not really one for writing so this is very new to me

"
It'll be a stagnant sort of dreary time in the middle of nowhere. If you look out of the window (careful, pray don't try to open it, the wretched thing was sealed years ago to keep me in) you will be met with a cold expanse of sky and land that nobody dares venture into.

On the other side of the room I will be sleeping, my face looks troubled and you will wonder why, how could somebody so concealed from themselve possibly know to worry? Despite this I sleep deeply, drenched in silk, steeping in the early morning sunlight. You think there may be another person in the room but I've never really been one for company.

I wake slowly but not delicately, weighed down by my own body, I will never be delicate. I blink into the bright atmosphere and something in my face says that I've done this too many times, I am tired. No amount of rest will ease the ache in my brittle ribcage. I scan the horizon out of habit but you know I don't mean to do it, nobody will reach me here, it's been this way since before I was even aware of it.

Despite being met with a desperately blank horizon, my eyes grow urgent and my face somehow more ghostly than before. "Darling?" I plead, "darling it's back again". Met with no answer I become afraid, "it's back, don't you see? Why can't you see it? Darling BELIEVE ME". the doctor is called for in a matter of minutes, I am never seen again.

© 2021 Em


Author's Note

Em
Please let me know what you think, I've never shown anyone my writing before and I'm interested to see peoples reactions

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I thin it would make for a real good short horror story if you can add a few more paragraphs. Just like Tepo said it draws the reader in. It's really good. Keep on writing.

Posted 2 Years Ago


well done Em
It drew me in and I glad it did
Otherwise I'd have missed the killer ending
Hopefully the 1st of many
Look forward to reading more

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 24, 2021
Last Updated on July 24, 2021
Tags: Poetry, ethereal, dream

Author

Em
Em

United Kingdom