Afterlife

Afterlife

A Story by Roy Lennic
"

This is the story of me being in the afterlife.

"
It was first the silence that bugged me. The complete silence had overwhelmed everything, and i couldn't hear my heartbeat, even from miles away. I felt so strange to not even feel myself breathing. I was freaked out, because i wasn't sure if i had become deaf, or it was one of the unending cunning tricks that the dream uses when it has driven you against the pillow and sucked all that is in the mind- worst fears and the best things- then remodeled them to what it sees fit for the time being as it displays it on your eyes.

It became worse when i couldn't feel the air around me. All i felt was nothing. Complete nothing!
It was like nothing was existing anymore, just an empty space that is occupied by me, who in turn, is just an imaginary being holding on the emptiness that resided.
I tried to recollect my memories to try to figure out what really happened and what mess i put myself in. I tried harder and dug in deeper but wall bore no fruits. It became pointless since my mind was as empty as the space. Empty!

I looked around to find clues, at least know where i am at the moment, but it was all darkness that surrounded me. Nothing seemed clear, or felt to be real at that particular time. I became frustrated and slightly scared of the unknown. I was in complete darkness and had no f*****g clue of what was going on.
"Harry, is that you?" A familiar voice asked in the dark. I listened keenly and waited for whoever that was, to call once more.
"Harry, son?" This it was clear. The coarse voice that seemed to crack into pieces as it came out of the sore vocal tract, was my grandfathers. My late grandfather who died when i was nine years old.
He dragged himself out of the darkness and this time, just like i had last saw him on the coffin with his clothes, he appeared pretty much alive.
Then suddenly like a thunder, it struck me to become aware that i had died too. I mean whats the other reason that you feel nothing, and you just met with your dad grandpa. I was in the afterlife.
The puzzlement that raged in m, troubled me with one question that i seemed not to have the answer to. "How did in die?"

© 2018 Roy Lennic


Author's Note

Roy Lennic
I awoke with a deep anguish that was only occupied with emptiness. I felt nothing, all i could do was exist as nothing. My whole body became so alien. It was as if i wasn't me, and the real me wasn't real at all. Everything seemed so strange that it totally freaked me out.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on February 13, 2018
Last Updated on February 13, 2018
Tags: #dead #afterlife #shortstory

Author

Roy Lennic
Roy Lennic

Malindi, Coast, Kenya



About
I'm just a guy of substance limited to a certain place, such that my thoughts are the only thing to express. more..

Writing
RON RON

A Story by Roy Lennic