Return

Return

A Story by Leocadia Kavhayi

Return Part 1. For the orphans that have lived through abuse...

As soon as I got to the door , it opened with a click. There in front of me stood a gentlemen smartly dressed in a designer black suit and a feeble little boy in tattered clothing. The boy looked scared, I could literally hear his heartbeat from where I was standing. He was shaking in an odd trembling rhythm. He looked small for his age , undersized , and underweight . My heart sank. I walked inside , my eyes still fixed on the boy.
‘I hope you brought some clothes for the boy’, the man said casually. ‘And can I see some form of ID please?’. I fished my driver’s license from my pocket book and handed it to him . He glanced once and gave me some documents to sign.
‘He’s all yours’, he said heading towards the exit. He didn’t seem bothered at all. Not even an explanation on what had really happened to the boy. He was in hurry to leave. I felt a lump in my throat and my teeth chattered in anger but I pushed my emotions aside. I had to keep it together for the sake of the boy.
Der was only 6 years old , 2 when his mother , my sister passed. Little Der was taken in by his father despite my mother’s pleas to be the boy’s guardian. His father would have none of that. According to the neibhours’ accounts, Der’s beatings started when he turned 3 and within 6 months ‘disciplining’ Der had become a full time job for his father Farie. Somewhere in his vile mind he believed he was molding him into a man or he would wind up with a juvenile delinquent in future. Der’s stepmother Miriam clearly avoided anything that had to do with him. Miriam just didn’t care about Der’s welfare. There were times when Miriam feared that Der would seriously be hurt by his father , but she kept her opinions to herself . She was careful enough to avoid any kind of physical abuse towards the boy by her hand , but always covered for her husband each time anyone questioned her about the appalling bruises all over the boy’s body.
‘Der’, I spoke softly. He looked up. The pain in his eyes was so deep and agonizing. The glint in his eyes revealed a world of nothing else but darkness in his short life. I extended my hand warmly towards the boy, but he shook his head and hugged himself in a protective mode , eyes bulging with tears. It killed me. I couldn’t control my emotions and I broke down into tears. It was then that I pledged I’d go after Farie and Miriam. That is how the plot to destroy Farie and Miriam all started. ..
#tbc

© 2017 Leocadia Kavhayi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That is really good. Yes please. I want to know what happens next.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
1 Review
Added on September 5, 2017
Last Updated on October 5, 2017