Not Ready for Love

Not Ready for Love

A Story by Letemdangle
"

I sweet exchange, before I was ready for such a beauty.

"
I dated many  lovely ladies, one was actually quite exceptional, but I was nervous and didn't deserve to be with her. She quite rightly so, dispatched me.

I met her at a bus stop, tall, lovely, intelligent. She had a fire, a presence I was not ready for. For some odd reason she was attracted to me. At the time I was extremely shy and self conscious. She was outgoing, extremely beautiful and socially contagious. I knew she was out of my league and she knew it too. I'm not sure how it happened but we had great conversation, I being shy, ignorant but possibly imaginative. She was, as I remember a Goddess, bright eyed, full of life, self assured and focused.

As long as she would have me, I was there for her. I took her to dinner in the best restaurant I could afford. I felt eyes upon me, questioning why is this outstanding lady dining with such an insignificant boy?  I knew, I neither had the experience nor the influence to ever hold such a beauty in my arms. Yet for that night I did. This lady had a heart of gold a soul of platinum, she was so warm,so in touch with my insecurity, but never being obvious, an absolute treasure.

To her I shared my internal thoughts, my internal being. I could see in her eyes disappointment in what I was. As I shared and explored who I was and what I stood for, I realized as great a person she was, we were not meant to be together.  But I knew this from the start.

I have many words and I have many thoughts, when my words don't betray my thoughts and my thoughts don't display the  words of what I am and what I believe, then their existence can only prove one thing. That we are never meant to be,

© 2011 Letemdangle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on April 9, 2011
Last Updated on April 9, 2011

Author

Letemdangle
Letemdangle

Ottawa, Canada



About
My best achievement in life is never having killed anyone. My nickname is not to make you think I am morbid, I use it as a symbol of injustice. Let him dangle is a song about injustice from Elvis Cos.. more..

Writing
No Poem No Poem

A Poem by Letemdangle