Something Dark

Something Dark

A Story by Letemdangle





I was going to write something dark and weird last night, but I was too exhausted and fell asleep in my chair in front of the computer. Sorry about that, for those who care, but I have a couple of scraps this morning.

After having my truck towed to the shop, I had a rather lengthy walk  ahead of me. I was hoping the tow truck driver was going to offer me a ride home, but he seemed rather indifferent.

It was really cold and windy and I thought to myself, with my bad luck lately it should be raining. I looked up from the ground with a big snicker on my face. Walking towards me was a beautiful woman and when she saw me look up and snicker she flashed me a big bright smile. I thought my luck was turning at that point.

The lovely lady walked into the bus shelter as I carried on. Just then a big rush of wind smashed into me, carrying on it's wing lots of cold rain. Great, God was toying with me. He must have a great sense of humor.

While crossing the street, I see a car coming to turn, he has a big yield sign and I have a face full of rain and the right of way. The guy wasn't slowing down and I wasn't going to stop either. He sped right in front of me as I suspected and I laid a hard right hand blow to the rear quarter panel, collapsing it.

The guy slams on his brakes, gets out of his car and yells, "What was that for"? I said with a grimace, "You had a yield sign a*****e. Shall I call the cops or do you want to"? Frustrated he fucked off in his new  SUV sans quarter panel.

The sun came out and a little further down the street I see a little boy run out to play on his riding toy. Just after him what appears to be his dad and in a weird kind of way marches past him to get into his car. Something bothered me about it, the way he just ignored this cute little kid having a blast on his riding toy.

I said to myself I bet this prick doesn't even know I'm walking down the sidewalk and will back out as I approach the car. Sure enough just as I am about to pass behind him he starts to back out. One more step and he would have taken out my knees. With both hands fisted I lift them high into the air and lay a mighty blow on his trunk. The car brakes suddenly, the guy is literally freaked right out thinking he ran me over. I assured him I was alright, but he was going to need a good body man for his car.

"What the f**k is that"? He yelled at me in a Middle East accent. I explained," that, sir is a reminder to pay attention to the things around you, especially your little boy." The poor b*****d was so ready to start yelling, but was completely dumb founded. It was beautiful.

Having shared my misery with those who deserved it I felt pretty good. Teaching people how to drive in a punctuated manner is quite satisfying. I might take a long walk today to stretch my legs and share some more wisdom with those in my neighborhood.

Good Citizen, signing off!

© 2011 Letemdangle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are awesome!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 1, 2011
Last Updated on May 1, 2011

Author

Letemdangle
Letemdangle

Ottawa, Canada



About
My best achievement in life is never having killed anyone. My nickname is not to make you think I am morbid, I use it as a symbol of injustice. Let him dangle is a song about injustice from Elvis Cos.. more..

Writing
No Poem No Poem

A Poem by Letemdangle