You Were Warned or Should Have Known Better.

You Were Warned or Should Have Known Better.

A Story by Letemdangle
"

More of a blog. Just something I wanted to write down.

"
Creating false realities seems to be the predominating characteristic of today's culture. In my area there were thousands of Nortel employees making ridiculous salaries with unrealistic pension plans.  I did work for many researchers who worked there. The common thread among their work experience,  was a kind of revolving or ever changing project. Before they would complete one project they were quickly moved onto another. Salesmen told me that they only had to get a, "Might buy it next year" commitment to complete the sale. The item was shelved, the books updated to record the sale and every one knew it.

My neighbor was one such person. I told him that Nortel would collapse a few years before it did and he arrogantly laughed it off.  He said. "Self employed people, ( I was one and still am), were losers. Well, who's the loser now, you now divorced, previously married to a known psycho, a*****e?

In the USA the housing bubble began around 2001. Increases in home prices were rising faster than what would be reasonably expected. Banks lent the money to people who could not afford the mortgages. From what I can recall Clinton removed restrictions for home loans that would have kept those who could not afford them from buying them. Housing prices sharply rose and people just accepted these unreasonable increases to continue.

Then the collapse happened, the few people who laughed at the Americans foolishness raked in the doe. So now everyone is blaming the banksters and politically opposing party.  Well, yea they are a bunch of blood sucking a******s, but the people just lined up for their patty whacks.

It is rather ironic that the country that was built with strength and shrewd business sense would collapse due to a grand scale illusion.

Please check out these great links.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BbFs6fQGow&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Gfzgxh3ZQ

© 2011 Letemdangle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
1 Review
Added on June 18, 2011
Last Updated on June 18, 2011

Author

Letemdangle
Letemdangle

Ottawa, Canada



About
My best achievement in life is never having killed anyone. My nickname is not to make you think I am morbid, I use it as a symbol of injustice. Let him dangle is a song about injustice from Elvis Cos.. more..

Writing
No Poem No Poem

A Poem by Letemdangle