Birth of an Unknown World

Birth of an Unknown World

A Story by LeviUtopia
"

A new world is born.

"

It was just mist and fog and cloud, nothing else. The emptiness was everywhere, and it needed to be filled. “What would this emptiness filled with?” one would wonder. Only one answer came, “It would be be filled.”

Then, the time came for the emptiness to vanish. The fog fell, the mist vanished, and the clouds rose above it all, leaving a dark space in between the fog and the cloud. It was still empty, but the way was being made. It would take time for the darkness to vanish, and time it would take.

Light would replace the darkness, leaking in from everywhere, from all around. The light came from nowhere, yet everywhere. The light would vanish regularly and wouldn’t return for a while. The appearance of light was called day, and its disappearance would be called night.

From below the fog and above the clouds came land. Floating islands came from the fog below and mountains came from the clouds above. All of these islands and mountains were the same, different, but the same. The biggest island, however, floated in the center of all the other islands and mountains, keep them in their own paths. The island itself was so big that it made the other islands and mountains look like specks of sand.
Nothing in this world would even come close to it. There was one thing missing from all these island. Something that would make people come. Something that makes a world unique and truly bright, life.

At first it would come slowly, happening here and there. Then, like a truly wild fire, life sprang everywhere. First would be the plant life. The plants that grew were strange and odd, looking like nothing seen before. The trees looked almost fake, like someone had placed them there and made them that way, but it was natural. The fruits of these trees were like lights, turning different colors based on how ripe they were. The bushes also looked fake, but less than the trees. Their berries did not glow, but were like shiny orbs of different colors, that glistened in light. The flowers looked completely natural, but had only one or two petals, each of different colors and hues.

The creatures came next, some that flew, some that walked. These… creatures had one, two, sometimes three, legs, or even none, and everyone of them had one, large eye. There mouths would only show when they would eat, disappearing when closed. What they did was either the fruits and berries, or each other. None of them had fur, only skin, scales, or feathers. When the creatures had come, the world was no longer empty, for their cries could be heard all around, filling whatever void was left.

The world was no longer empty, for it was filled with many things. But something was missing, something that was still lacking. The world needed a sentient. Something that would take care of it. Something that would keep the order of things. Something… like... man.

© 2016 LeviUtopia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on February 24, 2016
Last Updated on February 24, 2016
Tags: Fantasy, Fiction

Author

LeviUtopia
LeviUtopia

Mount Shasta, CA



Writing