4 White Stripes

4 White Stripes

A Poem by LiLySoSo
"

Love and water.

"

Four white stripes led me to your lighthouse where I unaware failed to see the clouds that I had hoped to have had followed me instead of heavy torrent.

 

You were taking me for granted and every seagull flying overhead could have told me so so much sooner than my own senses could have predicted.

 

I blind, and attached to your hip made way for slow tidal waves near my soaky shoelaces, torn and worn; I fell forward but it did me no good.

 

Instead, my dirty sneakers attracted flows of crashes against the stones in my head and then I forgot how to swim.

 

My garments become drenched in pallid droplings of blue salty wine and make me thirsty for real sustenance.

 

I am on rocks edge bleeding double time for the pain of yesterday and the hardy reminders of tomorrow.

 

Why can't I be still and let the storms pull me into the nighttime ocean so grand in its washing ready to cleanse my hollow throat of air.

 

Perhaps, I do not want to drift away I would like to linger beneath the shoreline of your collar; it is safe and soiled but infallible in its post over my head.

 

This time try to shove me off, my dearling my intentions were to never let loose of the steer.

© 2010 LiLySoSo


Author's Note

LiLySoSo
An ongoing theme for me in that I cannot let go, that easily.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on September 24, 2010
Last Updated on September 24, 2010

Author

LiLySoSo
LiLySoSo

Suffocation Town, TX



About
I'm just a lost little soul floating around like a space cadet with no helmet who sometimes lands on earth just to discuss art and symmetry with friends, well with the two that I do have. I mostly li.. more..

Writing
waiting waiting

A Poem by LiLySoSo