The Elementals (Preface and Chapter One)

The Elementals (Preface and Chapter One)

A Story by ♡Moon Child♡
"

Hi peoples! Third story in the making! Read and Review Please!

"

 

Preface:

Hello, dear readers…You must use your imagination and let it run wild as you enter Our world.  If you are looking for a safe book to read, then this is not it.  Put it down and go read something else.  If you are in the mood for a real adventure then you have come to the right place.  Come into my realm…lose yourselves for awhile.  As you enter… the world will move on, but you will join the adventure…you will cry, laugh, and love with us…hurry!  The journey will now begin!

 

 

Chapter One:

The Box

 

Seth slowly walked home, his eyes downcast.  The rain was pouring, but he didn’t seem to notice.  The key that he always wore around his neck bounced against his skin, the cool metal making him jump.  He raised his head and looked around, taking in his surroundings.  He was outside an old antique shop, the street dark and unfamiliar.  He tried to read the sign, but it was so old and faded that he couldn’t make it out at all.  Nevertheless, he entered, figuring that it was better then getting sick. . .

 

 

Taylor stood, dropping her book.  She felt she had somewhere to be and that it was absolutely vital that she get there now.  She wrote a note for her mom and dad, telling them she was going out and would be back later.  Since it was raining she put her coat on and made her way outside towards the shop at the end of the street…

 

 

 

 

Casey jumped as a jolt went through him.  It was as if someone had just shocked him.  He knew he had somewhere to be and that he had to get there now.  He looked mournfully at his chocolate cake, took one last bite and made his way outside.  There was a shop across the street that seemed to be pulling him towards it. . .

 

 

 

 

Sabrina was in the spotlight singing when something jolted through her.  Her voice cracked and she started coughing.  Her manager came on stage and led her away; telling her it would be alright.  She disagreed, telling her that there was somewhere that she needed to be and she had to leave now.  Her manager looked at her in confusion.  Sabrina just shook her head, grabbed her cost and ran out the door, to the shop next door. . .

 

 

 

 

The four of them arrived outside the shop at the exact same time.  They all looked at each other, smiling nervously.  They each started talking at the same time.

 

“I-“

“Hello-“

“What-“

“Um-“

 The four of them laughed nervously and without saying another word, entered the shop.  It was quite beautiful, stacked high with books of various colors and sizes.  A chandelier hung from the ceiling, made of silver and embedded with gems of all colors.

A crystal box that looked to contain four brightly-colored stones sat on a pedestal in the center of the room Seth walked forward and picked the box up, wanting to open it.  He discovered, however, that it was locked, and he set it down with a sigh of disappointment.

He looked around at the other three, their expressions a mirror of the confusion on his own.

“Does anyone know why we are here?” he asked the room at large.

Just as he spoke the metal of the key grew very hot and he gasped in pain as he pulled it out from under his shirt.  It was glowing very brightly and a girl’s voice began to speak from within.

“Hello!  My name is Alice.  I am so glad that you all have finally met!  Hurry!  Open the box!  Your journey awaits you!”

The key stopped glowing and became cool metal once more.  Seth stared at it for one long moment and then looked towards the pedestal.  He slipped the key off of the chain around his neck and into the lock.  The box popped open and the stones flew out, each of them flying to a different person.  Seth’s was red and seemed to burn with an inner fire.  Taylor’s was blue and the sound of running water came quietly from its depths. Casey’s was a dark green and resonated with the peace and calm of the forest.  Sabrina’s was a golden color and a slight breeze seemed to swirl around her.  As each person touched their stone they felt a sense of rightness, a sense of peace.  There was one more stone in the box, but it didn’t seem to have an owner.  It was purple and larger than the others.  It floated over the box, seeming to wait.  Seth put his hand on it and it began to glow.  The others followed his example and within seconds the four of them were enveloped in light.  It flashed even brighter and then disappeared, taking the four teenagers along with it.

© 2009 ♡Moon Child♡


Author's Note

♡Moon Child♡
This is the very beginning of a very long story! Tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

XD
i will send along a friend request, can you please accept it and send me a read request for the continuation of this story?
i cant wait for the rest... it seems really interesting and a good read

Posted 15 Years Ago


I can't wait for more. Its exciting and mysterious. Excellent write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like it, I've similar ideas for my stories but I never could put them into words. Your a great writer and you should treat that gift well, I'll be reading more.
~ Brittany ~

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 16, 2009

Author

♡Moon Child♡
♡Moon Child♡

Chandler, AZ



About
Hello, it is very nice of you to stop by. Please check out my writing and leave a review or even a comment on my page. I am a spiritualist, a Moon Child, a Gemini, an empath, and many other things. .. more..

Writing