Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
What, Really, Is Our Purpose?

What, Really, Is Our Purpose?

A Story by Life Lies Hidden
"

This isnt really a story, its more of...well...whatever you would call a piece of writing that i just jotted down what came to mind of some of my opinions. I suppose it has a name but i have no clue.

"

Ever wonder if we should really be on this earth? Well, I do. I suppose it just pops up every now and then. Certain things trigger the thought, although. For example, I could just be sitting down and eating cereal like a typical morning. My eyes could wander to the newspaper that my dad had finished reading and left in front of me. In that newspaper, in the wedding section, could be a wedding announcement.

Images of a bride, so happy and dressed in white, spread across the page.

Should that bride be here? Should she be holding the hands of her loved one and smiling into his eyes?

What if…what if she wasn’t brought onto this earth? Then what? Where would she be?

I guess it depends on your religion, right? But I’m open for any beliefs so I’ll just put some possibilities out there.

Could that bride be floating around somewhere, not connected to her current body?

Or maybe, she could be non-existent, at all. Nothing.

Like she wasn’t ever born.

Maybe she would be a table? A chair? A lamp? Maybe even a needle pin? Or something so insignificant as a patch of dust, gathering in some untouched location of a household. What if that was her?

Then she would never have met her fiancé and never would her picture have been in that newspaper.

And that applies to every human being on this planet. What if we never gained the access to these bodies that we have? Then how would you be here, reading this right now?
This is something that I know a lot of other people think about, something that might never really have an answer.

Well, it may have an answer, but we might never be able to retrieve it.

Why is it that we are so LUCKY?

Or are we really that lucky? To be on this earth? In this body?

What if, somewhere, there is a planet that is greater than ours, with beautiful people and no sins, no wrongs, no rules yet everything works so smoothly?

A planet that makes ours look like dirt.

I guess it’s like a ladder, or a shelf for example.

We will never know if we are on the top shelf. For all we know there could be an unknown planet that we never thought could be possible and THAT planet could be on the top. Out-doing our planet without us even realising it.

Truth is, there is a very rare chance that we will find out where we rank on that shelf, or what lies beneath our noses.

It’s all a mystery, a mystery that we may never solve. Even that is a mystery " weather we will discover what is just beneath our noses, why we’re here and IF we actually are lucky to be how we are.

Maybe this gave you something to think about " and who knows, in years to come this piece of writing, along with many other, could be a complete waste of time because we might discover the answer, the hidden secret. Well if we do, let me know, because I’d love to find out.

 

Sincerely, Me.

© 2011 Life Lies Hidden


Author's Note

Life Lies Hidden
If you read it all, thanks, and i hope that you can find it interesting if you think throughly about it.
I hope you'll take the time to review some of your opinions?
Sincerley.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well thought out, very creative. I also think like this sometimes - what really is out there?
Great write.
xx

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
1 Review
Added on June 3, 2011
Last Updated on June 3, 2011
Tags: life, secret, life purpose, why are we here?

Author

Life Lies Hidden
Life Lies Hidden

My clouded mind.



About
I am a wandering mind, eager to hear some of the online writers opinions - if they disagree with the subject of my writing, agree or have another veiw. I'm easy to get along with, but if you think i'.. more..

Writing