December book reviews 2012

December book reviews 2012

A Story by RachelReaper
"

need some good books to read? The best of the best of their kind?

"

Book Reviews December 2012

1. The Iron King By Julie Kagawa. I have a confession to make. I have a favorite book, or favorite series, rather. "The Iron Fey" series by Julie Kagawa blew. My. Mind. The first book in the series of four being "The Iron King". Meghan Chase is a poor girl that lives on a pig farm and undergoes constant teasing with one friend by her side, Robbie. But is Robbie really his name, or is it... Robin? Could Robin be another name for, oh... who was it...? Oh, yes, Puck. You may remember him. And is he human or is he something just a little bit more (warning, no, he is not a vampire or a werewolf for all of you who are wondering)? Julie Kagawa uses characters from timeless William Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" and makes all new characters you will love just as much, giving personality to each and every one of them that you might even find yourself adoring even the minor characters throughout the storyline. I'm telling you, pick this book up and you will not be sorry. But, first ask yourself, how willing are you to go against the confines of this reality into one you didn't even know existed?

2. Double or Nothing by Dennis Foon. The very first thing I noticed when I started reading this was how addicted you get to learning more and more about the main character's way of life. The irony? It's about a boy, Kip, who suffers from a gambling addiction, but will that make him or break him? Can his winning streak possibly last forever and can he get it back if he loses it? And what happens when you throw a girl trained to be a magician into the mix, and what happens when her dad is further inducing Kip's gambling problem? This book is a realistic fiction, relatively short, and worth reading for sure.

3. Tricks by Ellen Hopkins. This book is so unique; the entire thing is written in short prose and poems on every page and switches points of view between five teenagers that give you a good look at the dark side of our world. This book is my favorite book by Ellen Hopkins, and you learn to love every character and feel sympathy when they land themselves into even more trouble. Okay, I'm not going to lie, there are some pretty intense scenes as well for a young adult novel, but that's just how Ellen's books are, no sugarcoating anything. I recommend this to anyone, but especially to teenagers.

 

Other books to check out:

(dystopia) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

(Realistic fiction) Prom by Laurie Halse Anderson

(Adventure/myth) The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan.

(Modern Fantasy/ Action) The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp  by Rick Yance

(Science Fiction) Daniel X by James Patterson

© 2012 RachelReaper


Author's Note

RachelReaper
check these out if you'd like, I certainly found all of them interesting, but ESPECIALLY the Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa. The series goes: The Iron King, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen, and lastly The Iron Knight.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks for the reviews of books...I'll look into some of them.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anna dressed in blood is really good tooo

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

thank you for the suggestion, i will look into it
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
oh another book review...
1 i remember you talk about it in one of your poem about the serie of iron fey... its a fascinating storyline...
2 oh i like a short book... definitely interesting mix of fantasy and realities of life...
3 oh my fav style of writing..prose to poetry...that makes it more interesting to read...
...i kinda don't like the hunger games.. but i like the The Underland Chronicles... and finished the entired series... very nice...
The Lightning Thief oh i love the movie... it must be great to read it as well..
The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp ...hmm.. quite an adventure.. interesting...
Daniel X... oh..oh.. oh... I've been wanting to read some books of Patterson... maybe someday...

awesome choice here...
great job!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

thank you for reading :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 15, 2012
Last Updated on December 15, 2012

Author

RachelReaper
RachelReaper

About
Hey!!!!! My name is Rachel, and my unofficial last name is Reaper. I am 14 years old. Blood and kisses to all who review my work, I appreciate it so much and couldn't express to you how much it means .. more..

Writing
Runaway Runaway

A Poem by RachelReaper