Just A Writing

Just A Writing

A Story by Lighthouse Call
"

Open-minded / Close-minded ..

"
I hate the way people judge. A few days ago I went to a bar for a couple of drinks with some friends and some others I didn't know. We were chatting randomly about everything, and in some way, the discussion turned to music. I asked this girl sitting close by "What kind of music do you listen to?" and she replied saying hip-hop and something else. She ended her line with my same question, and I said soft-rock etc etc. She sort of winced. I guess she isn't open to music. I don't know why. I didn't really like the way she kinda judged me there, since she barely spoke to me throughout the night. Any ways, the next morning I woke up to the knowledge of a weird dream. I dreamt a friend of mine asked me to go to this art museum with her, as she couldn't find any one to go with. Even though an art-museum doesn't sound all fun and everything, I still went, just to keep her company, and to kill some time. I don't know anything about paintings and historic art, so she explained our tour away. At the end of the night, I realized it was actually fun, and wondered to myself if we could have done it again. I woke up to that thought. I thought, if that happened in real life.. I would have still probably said yes.. But what if I asked someone else to go with me, or to some other 'geek-ish' event..? Probably everyone would reject the offer on the spot. Everyone seems to have grown up in a way where what they do is amazing, and if others can't live up to it, well they suck. I guess being open to other things in life is one thing people can bring you down with, one thing that can change you. 

© 2011 Lighthouse Call


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very interesting. I like the way a small piece can give way to a bigger concept, and the structure of the piece. Semi-memoir like, in a way, I don't know. Very nice, though. Very real.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
1 Review
Added on July 3, 2011
Last Updated on July 3, 2011