The Better Part of Me

The Better Part of Me

A Poem by Ligi.

Im not sure what it is about this song that seems to take me back to you.

There are no words.

The notes are only threads of expression, of which my emotions are being woven between. There is a subtlety in the words unspoken, invisible to any naked eye, yet they are so blatantly evident in my ears, because they fill my chest and I can no longer breathe in the thickness surrounding me. The variations of pitches in the strings are echoing off the viscera that contains my spirit and I know within myself that I am no longer whole. Pieces of me are hidden in places where my head has laid. I have buried these pieces and wiped the soot off of the palms of my hands. There is no longer a sure substance that I know I am composed of and I fear that I will spend my remaining years discovering the tarnished components of my soul. My feet will trek sands of distant deserts, while my mind burrows itself here in this softened soil. Still I will not find her. She thirsts in a manner that I can not satisfy. I can only sit on the cliff and watch her drying up slowly below me. A statued pillar of salt, she becomes. She was once the sea. The ocean is gone and what's left of it is me.

I find you here in the notes of this song. I've come back, if only for a moment, to the time I drowned you in my water and bled you from your seams. I drank your beauty and drained your patience. I only wanted to keep you selfishly, make the whole beauty of you into what makes only me. I trapped your soul in my conscience and made you love me.

I can still hear the things you said, the lyrics unwritten in this song. Though there are no words here, you live as I hear them. Its only music, but in my ears, its only your voice that speaks.

You were always the better part of me.

© 2011 Ligi.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on March 21, 2011
Last Updated on March 21, 2011

Author

Ligi.
Ligi.

Houston, TX



About
I think you are just like me. Part of a world that others just cant see. They plant their seeds and leave that which they can no longer feed. And at the end of the day, all thats left is us. Hot bl.. more..

Writing
A Wasted Wick A Wasted Wick

A Poem by Ligi.


Malice and I Malice and I

A Poem by Ligi.