Thicker Than Blood: Preface

Thicker Than Blood: Preface

A Story by Lilia
"

Chloe Hawkins is a small town girl who wants nothing out of life but to spend her summer before her senior year in peace, get into a good college, and live a simple life. All that changes when a newcomer with a secret joins the scene.

"
Preface

     I don't think I've ever fallen in Love. It was more of ungraceful tumble, a clattering of emotion, and a crash of the heart. Suddenely there it was, Love, staring me down demanding why I hadn't bothered to notice it before.     
     It was strange to open my eyes and see how deep into Love I had unknowingly stumbled, but now that I was here I realized that love wasn't any of the things I had thought. It wasn't difficult or dangerous, and it wasn't as frightening as I'd imagined. Love was simply contradictory - only risky when unrequitted - yet never quite safe. Looking down I smiled at the pair of hands interlocked in mine, returning to gaze back at the face of Love I softly spoke it's name.     
     "Elijah."     

© 2008 Lilia


Author's Note

Lilia
Okay so this is just a preface, some small hint at what emotions will come. Let me know what you think?

P.S. I'm awful with commas. All the time. Horrible. I once got a -7 as a score on a paper due solely to commas. Seriously. Please ignore the commas.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

An excellent beginning. Contains the thoughts and emotion of falling in love. PS

Posted 15 Years Ago


Nice way to start :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Yay I love the name Elijah. Sooo keep writing and I'll keep reading ;]

{{Thanks for your review of Blood and Fur by the way}}

Posted 15 Years Ago


Seems like it will be good.
I currently am finding that some love stories are extremely good and easy to get into.
=]



Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 9, 2008
Last Updated on August 16, 2008

Author

Lilia
Lilia

About
Hi, I'm Lily. Lilia technically, but who wants to work on technicalities? I'm 17 years old, I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere midwest, and I'm the youngest of three. I've been writing .. more..

Writing