Feelings

Feelings

A Poem by liliana

We are all born with the mold of kindness, and as we grow, we have to shape it and craft it. And as we change, inevitably, our kindness does too. It is hard to pinpoint another's good qualities at times, but its worth it in the end. We are all only human, flaws are apart of us. We're selfish, we only want to be loved, and expect others to always be there for us. But, I believe that in helping others, you ultimately help yourself. It's difficult to explain how we've become a society where putting people down is considered the norm. We label others based on their sex, who they love, what they love, and what they look like. Suffering can be found in many forms, but the suffering due to other humans is inexcusable. We're born different for a reason, each and every one of us are the same size; Small. We are so blind to see how microscopic we all are, none larger than the other. Glancing at just how vast our universe is, and what unknown things may be out there, we are nothing but a spec of dust. So what gives anyone the right to believe that they are better than anyone else? To tell another that their existence is meaningless? To label someone as a, "queer" or a "gay"? It's these traits and personal things that make us who we are, it adds together to the entirety of the world. Kindness lives out there somewhere, and even if its hard to find it, its worth it. Everyone has the potential to be good, no one is born evil, events lead up to a person making cruel decisions. We cannot judge another without living in their shoes. We are all born into this world, and to leave so soon due to suicide or murder is too cruel. Live on, change the perspective of society. Equality, lives here. 

© 2015 liliana


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on June 25, 2015
Last Updated on June 25, 2015
Tags: feelings, world, lgbt, equality, bullying

Author

liliana
liliana

Wading River, NY



About
I write when the music is good, and my soul is awake. more..

Writing
Unclarity Unclarity

A Book by liliana





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5