For the memories, I am sorry.

For the memories, I am sorry.

A Story by Lillian Jean

For the memories, I am sorry.

 

 

I hurt you, but I hurt myself too. 

 

I thought what I did was best for both of us; I thought I could handle the distance from you. The ‘break up.’  It’s been awhile now and I still feel the pain every day. The memories are haunting, I see you in the room sometimes, just sitting there.  I thought I’d be the one to come out on top. Instead it was you. You say you are doing great now.  That’s great to hear, I think. I don’t miss the relationship, but damn do I miss the friendship. I lost my best friend. I may call someone else that now, but there is no comparison to you. We truly were best friends. I didn’t think everything through when I gave you up.  I put you aside like nothing, I will never forgive myself for that. The way I treated you in the end was awful and I know it. I am so sorry.  I loved the memories we’ve shared. We had some wonderful times and did some great things.  We had some hard times too, but now I cant even hardly remember those. All I see is the great times we had, and how cold I was to just toss them out.  I try to replace you with someone else, but there is no one just like you. I am starting to realize that. I feel like an idiot most days.  You were wonderful to me; I’ll always remember that.  I don’t know how to live with myself most days. I am so emotionally drained. I know I brought this all on myself. You tried so hard to put us back together. I was just to stupid to even give you another chance. I’ve tried to keep away from things that remind me of you, but I think that no matter what I do, I’ll never be able to erase you. 

 

Thank you fir all the great times. They will be in my heart and mind forever. 

 

I’m so sorry.. 

© 2020 Lillian Jean


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

17 Views
Added on February 3, 2020
Last Updated on February 3, 2020
Tags: sad, relationship, friendship, breakup, memories