A Sycamore Dream

A Sycamore Dream

A Poem by Chaplily44

And when she came to him amongst the sycamore trees her hair grew pinkish in colour and her skin shone with a haze of bronze glowing from the lamp behind her.
And when he asked for her name his throat went dry and his long hair suddenly felt awkard. Though he shrunk into his long green coat and the plans that he wrote were thrown into a witless dream. but just as the fates had wrote these two hearts were destined to be.
And when she shimmied over in her silver frock, they sat on together but didn’t talk. He held her hand and admired her simple beauty. For out from beneath the sycamore leaves, the pale moon gave her fairy like youth and helped him understand the truth. They watched for hours as the gold spark danced along the bridge of their nose as the space grew smaller and the summer night froze into a magical space made only for two.
So when his strong lips kissed her face they both knew this was their place. Out in the yard away from harm. Away from family and friends that turn to judgers and bend the truth. These two souls must merge their worlds and forever be together in their very own world under the moon under the sycamore tree.

© 2017 Chaplily44


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on October 10, 2017
Last Updated on October 10, 2017