Romeo's Last Breathe

Romeo's Last Breathe

A Poem by LillyLoveLucari
"

the story of the first time I watched life leave a body before my eyes, today.

"

His final breath began.


As i stared into his eyes, i recalled every fond memory. Every fun moment. Each time i recalled calling him cute.
From the black of his eyes to the light of his hair, he was beautiful.

Miserable, was the life he lived. Outside. Eating daily, but never really getting much more.


He had a love but her visits were brief and became shorter and shorter as time went by.

He found himself alone.
Though i was just through that door, he could never have known it.


He cried for me.
Recieved nothing.
He called out again and was met with lovingly ignorant arms.


Carried inside, he was nearly limp. Muscles collapsing from self-malnourishment.

Set down, his body seized. All muscles tensing and relaxing. His heart rate slowing.

Wrapped in a blanket, his body weakened further.


Suddenly he arose. In a panic, he screamed in agony.
His chest froze. All life ceased to circulate through his tiny veins.

He lie motionless on the ground. Eyes open to my pain, but he could do nothing.


His lungs continued to pump. His final motion adjusted his head and then all muscles relaxed. His small white tongue sprawled on the floor beside his head.

I could do nothing but watch and allow part of myself to die along with him. I pet his head a final time and whispered i loved him.


His final breathe was complete and i felt mine begin.

© 2015 LillyLoveLucari


Author's Note

LillyLoveLucari
please leave as any comments as possible <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such emotional writing beautifully described creative imagery painting a vivid picture of such a sad situation was a hard poem to read but it was very heartfelt and brought a tear to my eye.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LillyLoveLucari

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much
LillyLoveLucari

9 Years Ago


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 29, 2015
Last Updated on January 29, 2015
Tags: death, pain, seizure, dog, dying, last, love