She Cried

She Cried

A Poem by Lily Belle
"

This piece reflects my personal feelings of loneliness, a life lost and neglect.

"

On a cold winters night, when she was more alone than she had ever been, she sat in the empty room and cried. Finally.

Warm salty drops crept down her face, each one containing a piece of a lifetime of pain she had held in agony inside.

She didn’t whimper. She stared straight ahead, lost, recollecting the journey etched in each tear.

She cried for the life she never had and for every time she didn’t feel good enough.

She cried for every person who had dismissed her or just simply ignored her.

She cried for the person she never became.

She cried for every moment passed and every opportunity wasted.

She cried for each time she didn’t eat, out of fear for how it would affect her body and every time she did.

She cried for every time she was told to shut her big mouth and every time she was told to shut her legs.

She cried for every time he told her she was ignorant and every time he criticised her joys.

She cried for every time the little girl stood alone and waited for her mother to come home.

She shed an extra tear for each one the little girl had held back.

She cried for every time she felt unsafe, with others, with life, with herself.

She cried for the baby she never had and for every negative test that made her fall out of love with becoming a mother.

And then she cried for the baby she’d never have.

She cried for the little fingers she would never see wrap around hers, the toes she would never count and the face that would never smile up at her whilst she sung.

She cried for every time she was told she “has to” and every time she silently screamed “no” whilst nodding “yes”.

She cried for all dreams lost along the way and all moments that caused them to fade.

She cried for the room full of people, staring and judging as she drowned.

She cried for every time she felt ashamed, offended, ridiculed or shutdown.

She cried for every person who interrupted her and every one that hadn’t bothered to let her speak in the first place.

She cried for every time she looked someone in the eye and pretended and every time she avoided their gaze so she didn’t have to.

She cried for every time she walked into a room and hid against the wall.

She cried for every time she was told she was ugly and every time she was told she was pretty.

She cried for every moment she tried to make perfect that was ruined by an imperfect reality.

She cried for every expectation she had that fell short and every unexpected event that made her smile.

She cried for every time she was told she was smart and every time she felt stupid.

She cried for every moment her smile gave her away and every time it was left unnoticed by whom she had given it to.

She cried for the length of time it had taken her to cry.

And most of all, she cried for the beautiful release of this one moment.

The millions of tears left unshed, tumbling down.

Pieces of her broken soul joined them and she cried knowing she would never put them back together.

She cried as her blood dripped, pooling on the empty floor below.

She cried as the warm curled around her toes.

And amongst the tears, she smiled, knowing soon she would be home.

© 2017 Lily Belle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow some powerful poem here. This is like a strong poem and wrote it in a way that is so breath taking it's amazing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lily Belle

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the review Angel. I'm glad you liked the poem.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 13, 2017
Last Updated on June 13, 2017
Tags: cry, cried, lonely, loneliness, life lost, poetry, neglect, not good enough, suicide, tear, tears

Author

Lily Belle
Lily Belle

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia