My Thoughts, Money Inequality

My Thoughts, Money Inequality

A Story by Limitato

Money inequality has been a problem since the creation of money, the bottom 80% of our country only has 14% of the total fiat money overall. Near 15% of our fellow American’s are in poverty, that’s over 40 million people. Why? Neighborhoods aren’t changing, life seems grim so people give in, money only leads to money and if you have none you will never have any. Minimum wage isn’t helping anyone, industries will pay you whatever is governmentally enforced if they’re making their money. Whatever pathetic amount of money that’s picked out of a hat, it doesn’t affect them, they care about keeping you working under them, not about you. Is that really all life needs to be for you to be okay with life? Day in, day out, go to work, come home. Coming home to simply lounge, to enjoy your rest after a day of earning nothing worth while. What’s the point? To take care of your family? Is this all they want to live too? To continue being herded into a nation of gradual control? One day they might even send out the memo that you’re required to get a microchip in you head to work here. You’d probably do it, anything for that 8 dollars to eventually buy a TV that’ll continue to cover your vision. We value money, we know it’s worth something, but why? Why do we let fiat currency control what we do with our lives? The economic reason of keeping a fiat currency is so everything can be monetarily valued fairly. We back coins and dollars with things like resources, resources that continue to grow more expensive. If we value money based on things we can buy, then why has inflation been such a dilemma? Why is everything worth more in comparison to the dollar now? Isn’t the dollar based on these resources we can buy? Having a currency system based off this kind of premise is bound to fail. All inflation does is push off the inevitable, paper with imaginary worth has very realistically torn this country before, and it’ll do it again remorselessly if that’s what’s needed to happen to keep the machine running. This is where the world is heading economically, but we can change direction at any time. We’d require a movement of quite the magnitude, a newer, more reliable system of value for value. 

© 2017 Limitato


Author's Note

Limitato
All view points welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on September 24, 2017
Last Updated on September 24, 2017

Author

Limitato
Limitato

About
This is a page where I donate thoughts. more..

Writing