The Call of an Author

The Call of an Author

A Story by Linda

 Since I was born, my life was never easy. I always thought that I was misunderstood and that no matter how much I tried, I never got through to anyone. As if I was in a sound proof box, sounds came in but never out. I felt alone. It wasn’t until I picked up a pen that I realized the magic of writing.

  I realized that by writing it. Your story could be told. Told without telling it. Almost as if giving pieces of a puzzle and seeing how they will put it together. Letting peoples imagination run wild. As I sit back and watch them use my words however they want to. Bending and twisting it to help them in any situation possible.

    I love knowing that each word that I engrave in this paper can be engraved in someone’s heart. Sometimes I don’t like to make the main topic to my writing noticeable. I like making my readers “read between the lines”. I feel that, if I do show the topic, they will just focus on that and not how it builds up to it. I also enjoy the fact that without me even knowing, my writing can speak to someone without me being by their side. Letting it sink into their head like a song that you heard on the radio that you can not get out.  So that when ever you are struggling, just remember the words that I wrote down and use it almost as guidance through your obstacle.

    Nothing to me is as graceful as the flow of a pen or pencil on a piece of paper creating its words of wonders. Each flow from this pen is as slow and steady as the flow of my veins. Each letter that is form is followed by the beating of my heart, each breath that I take goes with each word that I make. Writing, it’s what helps this lifeless soul.

 My job as a write is not to entertain, but to guide, help, and maybe even sometimes remind. Guide them to the light at the end of the tunnel that seems like it gets farther with every step that is being taken, being so close but yet so far away. To help them understand what they are going through. I might not understand why but I can help you understand what. I can also remind. Remind them that there are billions of people in this one planet, and that the situation is different to each person differently. No one understands others, no matter how much they try. Every life that is born is a new story and every life that has left, is a story once told. Each life is a story. Each story is different, with a unique kind of print.

    I, as a writer, am honored to know that with each word you read from my writing is taken to the heart. I know that what I write down my reader is reading it with their trust, pain, and story in their palm. I am proud to say, that I take care of it with much pride.

  Writing is what helps me get through my struggles in life. Helps me move on, helps me live on, and helps me write another chapter to my life. Another chapter to my story. I just hope that the highlights in my book. Live on forever.

© 2016 Linda


Author's Note

Linda
I thought this would be a great piece to put on my new account, even though it is old. It basically explains my love for literature.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on April 18, 2016
Last Updated on April 18, 2016
Tags: writing, literature, metaphors, descriptive

Author

Linda
Linda

FL



About
Military wife and mommy to a beautiful baby boy💙 more..

Writing
Yellow Paint Yellow Paint

A Poem by Linda


Bachelor Bachelor

A Poem by Linda


Then & Now Then & Now

A Poem by Linda