Giving Up

Giving Up

A Story by Linda

"Say something" I scream as you just sit there. Numb, motionless. Emotionless 
"Fine ... I’ll be the one, if you want me to." 

I gave up I finally broke and gave up. I’m saying goodbye. I can’t do this. The tears run down your cheeks like a river with a never ending current. Going one direction, down your cheek. 

"Will you say something? Tell me what you're thinking" I get a step closer but you keep staring aimlessly at the wall as if you're not even here. 
"You did this!" I start getting angry. Why aren't you saying anything?! Why can't you tell me what you're thinking? 
"You did..." I say lower "not me" 

Every day I tried to pick you up to let you see the light at the end of the tunnel. The greener grass on the other side. But you wouldn't let me. Wouldn't let me care. Wouldn't let me love you. 
My eyes sting and I walk right In front of you blocking your view away to whatever it is that zones you out. 
"I am giving up on you.... I... I can't help you. I’m sorry... “My eyes squint to you in irritation "I’m sorry that I couldn't get to you...That I broke my promise on never letting you go. But you! You push away whenever I try to take a step" 


You don't even look at me ... I feel as if you're looking past me ...Through my presence as if I’m just a figment of your imagination. My heart aches ... Feeling like a ton of bricks are being forcefully pushed down onto my chest. 
"I love you. I would've followed you anywhere" I crouch down and slowly but cautiously reach for your hand. 
I feel your fingers ... They're fragile and cold, you haven't ate. I rub my thumb against yours. It soothed you when I did that... 


But not today. Not now. You don’t turn off the faucet that continues the water that runs out of your eyes. 
The circles around your eyes expose the hours you had of no sleep. 
There isn't more I can say. 
I sigh the sigh of defeat ... Let your hand slip out of mine and walk out of the room without turning back leaving behind the one and only thing that kept me breathing ... 
You ...

© 2016 Linda


Author's Note

Linda
Got inspired by the song Say Something By: Great Big World

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on April 18, 2016
Last Updated on April 18, 2016
Tags: Love, Romance, sad, heart break

Author

Linda
Linda

FL



About
Military wife and mommy to a beautiful baby boy💙 more..

Writing
Yellow Paint Yellow Paint

A Poem by Linda


Bachelor Bachelor

A Poem by Linda


Then & Now Then & Now

A Poem by Linda