My Day

My Day

A Story by Linda

I close my eyes and sigh low at the sound of the ocean wave hitting the rocky wall of the cliff I am standing on. Wind blew through my dark brown curls and my face. The rocky sand that lays under my bare feet feels rough yet relaxing, reminding that where I am is real. I take a deep breath through my nose and smell the salt water that lays down below. Spreading my arms wide, I smile as I feel the wind run through my fingers. It felt as if clouds are swaying swiftly past my fingers, up my arms, and down my silky white dress that stops at knees.

  Slowly, I open my eyes and put my arms down. I look down at my feet and take two steps closer to the edge of the cliff, letting the rocky sand slip in between my toes. I look around me and see green trees all around. Pine cones drop quietly onto the small patch of grass. Leaves from trees around sway onto the ground and get blown into the air by the wind. I look up to see the gray clouds cover the sun, making the sky just gray with a hint of blue. I take small steps to the cliff, getting as close as i can to the edge.

 I sigh, relieved to see the dark gray water hit the sandy shore and hit the cliff wall I am sitting on. Every time the waves hit the wall, it makes drops fly and hit the toes on my feet. As I admire the salt water foam splash everywhere, two beautiful dolphins shoot out and gracefully splash back in. I stare, amazed, envying a little, and wishing that, that could be me. Swim and splash aimlessly to a wonderful place. Without worrying what will happen when a gray cloud hovers over my head.

 Birds fly up in the air, gliding, making circles, spreading their wings, aiming high. As I watch carefully at the careless birds fly, a raindrop hits my cheek. I smile and slowly lay on the ground. Soaking in the wonders of this day. My day

© 2016 Linda


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on April 18, 2016
Last Updated on April 18, 2016
Tags: beach, ocean, water, dream, fantasy, love, happiness, cliff

Author

Linda
Linda

FL



About
Military wife and mommy to a beautiful baby boy💙 more..

Writing
Yellow Paint Yellow Paint

A Poem by Linda


Bachelor Bachelor

A Poem by Linda


Then & Now Then & Now

A Poem by Linda