Peacock

Peacock

A Poem by LR Young
"

playing with prose poems

"

the sky, the sky this morning was heartache. and with you still asleep in other houses, the last thing I want to do is close off my heart from you. How can I possibly? The light uncovers everything. i just want one moment that i recognize for what it is, one something singular besides a throb in the head. I can't possibly walk backwards long enough, to undo all this mileage. This narrow birth the past allows, it swallows good intentions. I only meant to say good things, kind things, ever. but there is just so much vast, vast scorching when you have the time to stand around and watch it die, burn to the ground. waiting for the ashes to spread, or the phoenix. I am always surprised when I lift up my head again in the morning, because every time I expect life to go back to the way it was. But you changed everything, and such presences fill me up like a slow sleep, the pour of honey, the pucker of skin in morning air. membranes and sinews spread out their petals into reaching, seeking the early light. all heart center. all, all night I wait for this.

© 2009 LR Young


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on May 24, 2009

Author

LR Young
LR Young

Boulder, CO



About
LR Young completed her Masters in Literature in Spring of 2009. Her current emphasis is poetry, the intimacy of words and string of consciousness revelations, rhythm and imagery. It is just as Ginsber.. more..

Writing