Essay: What is the Meaning?

Essay: What is the Meaning?

A Poem by Lindsay
"

I sat down to do some freewriting for my personal statement to submit to graduate schools and once the flood-gates were open, this crept out. It has no format or any sort of parameters at all...enjoy?

"

Essay: What is the Meaning

 

I am a person constantly seeking truth and learning and more. I am a person who loves the constant ache for answers and an ever-changing different-angled perspective. There are a thousand ways to look at one situation and if the last 99 have been faulty, distorted or problematic, search for number 100, 101, 102, and continue to search. When do we decide that we are done? That we are who we are and we’d like to sit stagnant, crystallizing, as if we’ve already achieved all we were meant or expected to achieve and we should sit still so as not to disturb the balance we’ve helped to form? Say never.

 

Put yourself off balance. Tip the scales of comfort and conserved energy and set a new course in motion. There’s a perfect way to be out there and most likely you’ve stepped a toe along that path at some point in your travels. But you’re not there now. If you were, you would be out living, out experiencing the perfect version of yourself. But here you are, still searching for truths. I commend you for your search, as mine is a constant passenger, holding a weighted block over my head, reminding me that I am not yet there and that I’d better hurry up and scan the horizon before the rest of the trees pass me by.

 

I want to know it all. I want to know every person and why they tick. For what purpose do their breaths penetrate the particles of the sky, propelling butterflies into the air in their own paths, set in motion through unsuspecting shamans of filtration? For what reason do they move, bumping the shoulders of others, shifting weight and eliciting responses, changing temperatures and contents of thought? What can I learn from them?

 

I set off to find a steady stream, but found a babbling rapid of diffuse currents instead. For the benefit of another’s neatly woven processing, I search for the reins, but am enchanted with the bare riding of natural experience. Packaging may become more important than the present it holds. Or does a lovely package provide the allowance for a "present" of any shape and size? ...A plus-one to negate a potential minus-two. 


Peel back the layers; lift the skirts of Russian dolls and convenient table clothes to expose the grit they hide. Is that where it lies? 


 Where is the truth? What is the meaning?

 

 

© 2013 Lindsay


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your essay looks very good. When I was a student of college it was so big problem for me to write assignments by myself. Any essay, paper, and especially final papers took a lot of my time and sadly, it did not get better. Then one of my close friends told me about the service he has found, as I remember it was Paperial, he said he used it to find good sites to order a lot of his assignments for subjects (literature, math, geography, and sociology). He said that here he has found really good services which accept orders very fast and that only professional writers work there. So I decided to try to solve my problem and write to one of the services they recommended as a college paper writing service. The first time I paid for my assignment and get it, I have been reading it for thousands of times, because I wanted to be able to write an essay by myself. Whenever I got my assignments I did the same ritual and within a few months, I realized that I can do it without any help. So what I want to tell you that if you have problems with writing, try to learn how to write it, because it is so important to express your mind in the right way.

Posted 4 Years Ago


This is a really brilliant piece, and the cool thing is that part of it fits into the theme of what my book, Winterheart Memoirs, is about. Kailer works in the constant gray zones of legality, morality and society, where the truth is only what you can make it. I agree with the core message of this essay: to keep learning, no matter what. That when you stop learning, you go through a kind of sublime form of death, and real life stops even if you're still breathing. I've seen that happen to many people, and it's horrid when they jade out like that. This is a great essay. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


i've developed a theory that people can be lumped into two categories. those who love questions and those who love answers. those who love answers gravitate toward absolute philosophies and religions and politics where things are black and white. where answers are easily found in books or churches or authority figures. those of us who love questions wander around in that gray area between black and white and try to glean all we can from any source available. it's taken me 60 years to come to this point and i'm still shedding some of my preconceived answers that i had when i was much younger and much more certain of things. it's an interesting process. enjoy the quest.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I adore your writing style. I love that the piece is so philosophical, and asking so many questions about the human mind. This reminds me a lot of the way I think, especially the vision quest. I really enjoyed it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I have always been fascinated with the human psyche and what makes each person tick. Why do they view things the way they do? Dress the way they do? Act or act out the way they do? Is it the environment they were raised? Maybe a little. Good and bad experiences they encounter? Sure to some extent. But I think the biggest contributor is the mystery of the brain and how we are all wired differently. Shoot sometimes i don't even understand why I do certain things I do. You have asked some interesting questions that got me thinking.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1194 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 7, 2011
Last Updated on May 5, 2013

Author

Lindsay
Lindsay

Laurel springs, NJ



About
I love music, traveling, reading, writing, psychology, dancing, and photos. more..

Writing