crazy world

crazy world

A Story by Lisa Blanchard
"

A little essay I wrote a few weeks ago. It's about being let down by the people you thought would always stand by you. Running away from hell to reach heaven. Losing yourself to find your real self.

"

And there I was. Left alone by all the people who I thought I could rely on when things would go wrong for me. They all left me there, standing like a fool, not knowing what to do nor where to go. I stayed there for a moment, as I felt roots growing on my feet, preventing me from doing anything. I looked around, saw nothing but an empty place. Deserted by a world which I thought was different from the other worlds I had rubbed shoulders with before. Everything started to turn around, and around, and around, cries were clattering in both of my ears, they were screaming and screaming and shouting and shouting, as loud as they could, just to make my head burn and my mind explode. I didn’t know who they were ! I couldn’t know who they were ! And I honestly never wanted to know. The only thing I wanted was them to leave. They kept on shouting and shouting, I couldn’t understand a word of what they were saying. I just understood that they meant me all the harm that had ever been meant to anyone. And then stop. It had to stop. I took the roots off my feet, put my fingers in my ears and left everything I owned there. And there’s nothing I left. Because there was nothing I owned.I, was nothing, actually. Tears were streaming down both of my cheeks as the rain was streaming down the streets. I started running, to a place I didn’t know, to a place nobody knew. I ran faster than ever before. I felt imaginary wings coming out of my skin while I was chasing my fate, leaving my dirty past behind. It felt good. Suddenly, it felt good. It felt good to have my tears dried by the soft air stroking my face. It felt good to be free to go wherever my soul was telling me to go, without anyone landing on my way. I was still running on the pavement, which was no longer a pavement, but became my highway to an eternal sunshine and absolute satisfaction. Then, I heard the waves. I heard the sound of the wind weaving in and out the trees, the birdsong matching the mermaids’. I went down to the sea and walked on the beach. I took my shoes off and could feel the heat of the sand coming between my toes. And then the heat climbed up to my feet, my ankles, my calfs, my knees, and in my whole legs. Then in my waist, up to my stomach and heart. I could feel my freedom growing as the heat of the sand was warming each and every part of my cold, dying body. It kept on climbing until it reached my burnt head and lost mind. I was all alone, as I’d always been but this time, no one was around. I used to be alone in the middle of wide throngs, but this time, only the birds, mermaids, fishes, and trees were part of the crowd. They were my crowd. They were here for me, and nobody else. I felt like this world I’d been waiting for finally showed up. I looked up to the sun that was shining bright. It was only shining to make my empty eyes sparkle again. And they did. My pale face found its colors back, and the smile I’d lost ages ago came to adorn that lighted up face. The birds and mermaids were singing in harmony, and they enchanted my soul thanks to this magical voice God once gave them. I was alive. Right then. All the hopes I had spent my whole life raising finally paid off. I was alone, but I didn’t need anyone. I just needed to feel the air lifting my hair, to hear the sound of the waves going along with the birds and mermaids. I needed to feel the sand warming my heart, and the sun repairing my body and soul. I needed to feel like I finally found something to live for, feel like there finally was a place I belonged to, feel like I came on earth for a reason. When things go wrong, don’t let anything bring you down, just let your soul guide you to where you truly belong. Because everybody’s got something to fight for. Everybody’s here for a reason.

© 2013 Lisa Blanchard


Author's Note

Lisa Blanchard
I really want advices. What do you think of the subject, topic ? How do you think I could improve my writing ?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on June 2, 2013
Last Updated on June 2, 2013
Tags: essay, happiness, despair, hell, heaven, crazy, world, warring, minds

Author

Lisa Blanchard
Lisa Blanchard

London, England, United Kingdom



About
Hello everyone ! My name is Lisa and I'm a sixteen year old aspiring screen/songwriter. In fact, I've been in love with music forever and properly in love with cinema for about three years now. I've .. more..