Baby Eczema Treatment - How to Beat the Eczema Itch in Your Baby

Baby Eczema Treatment - How to Beat the Eczema Itch in Your Baby

A Story by Lissette Terzo

One of the most common skin disorders in babies and infants is eczema, which causes excessive dry skin, itching and soreness. Around 30% of the general population in Australia suffers from this skin condition, showing how common it is.
What causes infant eczema?
What are the most effective baby eczema treatments?
The Types and Causes of Infantile Eczema
Eczema, or dermatitis, is actually a blanket term describing a range of skin conditions, including a rash, itching, excessive dry skin, redness, and soreness. It is important to note that the symptoms of eczema are not related to a lack of cleanliness.
Let's take a look at several common types of eczema:
Most common among infants is baby atopic eczema, which is caused by allergens and/or hereditary factors. In fact, many sufferers of asthma also suffer from eczema. This type of infant eczema is found in various places, such as on the head and scalp, the neck, inside knees, elbows, and on the buttocks.
Another closely related type of eczema is contact dermatitis, caused by interaction with an allergen - i.e. a substance to which the person is allergic, such as poison ivy or washing powder. This is the most curable type of eczema as it is cured once the allergen is removed.
One very common type of newborn eczema is baby cradle cap. This condition, otherwise called seborrhoeic dermatitis, causes peeling on the scalp that can be either dry or greasy and can extend to the eyebrows and in extreme cases to the trunk of the body. Cradle cap babies will have a yellow, crusty scalp rash that may look unsightly but is curable.
If you think your baby might have eczema, the first thing to do is consult with your doctor or healthcare provider. A baby's skin is sensitive in any case, and you want to make sure that you are using the correct type of cream that is the most suitable for your little one's specific condition.

© 2015 Lissette Terzo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on January 23, 2015
Last Updated on January 23, 2015

Author

Lissette Terzo
Lissette Terzo

ankara, ankara, Turkey



About
i was born in December 11, 1963. more..

Writing