The made up true story of me and my imaginary friend Jackal Jinx

The made up true story of me and my imaginary friend Jackal Jinx

A Story by KLH
"

This was originally a school project, but I enjoyed it so much i wanted to share it with everyone.

"

Remember how when you were a kid, playtime in the back yard felt like you had gone through a portal to another world, where the sand box was the beach coast and you were a pirate looking for buried treasure, or when you climbed that tree up to the tree house where you were deserted on an unknown island fighting for your life against the wild animals, and how the swing set was your rocket ship off to mars? I remember those days.

Not many kids lived around me and the ones that did said they were too old to play anymore. So I was always on adventures by myself, until I met who later turned out to be my best friend in the whole wide world. It was in one of my many journeys back to the abyss caves also known as under the porch.  It was dark, damp, and creepy beyond belief.  I had crawled to the very back of the cave, that’s where I heard it, the sound of nails on a chalk board. I took out my trusty flash light and pointed it in the direction the sound came from, when the light hit a grayish looking figure it screamed causing me to scream as well, the flash light fell from my hands and the batteries fell out causing it to go dark. I pulled out a glow stick from my pocket, and broke it. Soon it was dimly lit, in a shade of green, on closer inspection I saw that it looked to be some kind of monster, except he was curled up scared hiding from the light. “I-is it gone…?” he spoke! Slowly he turned and faced me. He seemed a bit curious but then he smiled a big toothy fanged smile, he had horns and black shaggy long hair that covered his eyes, pointy ears, a spiked tail, and clawed fingers and toes.

“W-who are you?” I asked

He smiled even more.

“My name is jackal jinx, and I’m your new friend”.

 

                He told me how he came here from down below, I’ve heard mommy and daddy say it a few times and that it was a bad word that I was not allowed to say. He said that he came here to be my friend, I was so happy; I had never ever had a friend before. Me and him where just getting to know each other when suddenly I heard mom yell “lunch time!” so I grabbed jinx’s hand.

“Come on lunch time! You can meet my mom!”

Slowly I crawled out of the cave and saw mom standing in the door way

“Mom, mom I have a new friend! His name is jinx see!”

She looked at me and smiled.

“Hey isn’t that one of our stuffed bat Halloween decorations? I guess you can keep him” she laughed as she shook the dolls hand “nice to meet you jinx, well it’s time for lunch”

From that moment on my adventures got way better.

 

                We went on many adventures, and he would play with me every day, he even helped me in school and he would even be there when the kids would be mean to me or make fun of me. Jinx was the greatest friend a girl could ask for. I was always happy when the weekend came because then I wouldn’t have to deal with the kids at school and me and Jinx could play as long as we wanted. In the morning we would wake up and eat breakfast and watch morning cartoons. Then we would get ready for another day of adventures. It would start with a morning exploration of the depths of the closet, trying to hunt down and capture the monster in there. We would get close but it would get close but it would end up being another coat or shirt. When we couldn’t find the monster in the closet we would try for the monster under the bed, but sadly it was a fail. Soon it was lunch time and we had grilled cheese spaceships that would land in toxic tomato soup. It was delicious. After lunch time mom would take us down to the park, and we were in the jungle swinging from vine to vine, well monkey bar to monkey bar. Nap time was awaiting me when we got home, but as soon as I woke we would be right back outside battling the evil mutant lady bugs attacking mom’s garden.

 

                When darkness fell we would relax and kick back on the trampoline and watch the stars appear and when we would fall asleep mom would carry us to my room and tuck us into bed to await the new adventure that would great us in the morning.

 

                As the years passed Jinx and I grew up, our adventures became more and more awesome…but they became more and more rare.  As I got older school got more difficult, so I had to focus more. We would have time to play at recess but that would only be about half an hour or so, and when I got home I would have homework. Soon we didn’t even have adventures any more. Then I went into middle school, I was so scared so on the first day I brought Jinx with me to school, but the strangest thing happened, I made a friend.

 

                Slowly Jinx stopped coming with me to school, and then I noticed I stopped seeing him at all. It’s not like I stopped believing in him or like my mom said how I grew out of him, it’s as if he just disappeared. The years went by and I never stopped believing in him, I mean he was my best friend…he was my only friend for as long as I could remember. Every night I would wish upon a start, hoping he would come back, little did I know that the wish I had wished come true.

 

                I was sitting on my old swing set, oh so many memories existed back here, as I sat there I suddenly felt a hand on top of my head and an oh to familiar voice.

“You look like you could use the company of an old friend”

I turned around and I couldn’t believe what I saw “Jinx!?” I got up from the swing and turn to hug him, and he hugged back as well.

“W-what happened to you? You disappeared…”

“I know…and I’m so sorry, I have watched you grow up over the years and to see that you have grown up into a beautiful young and happy girl, makes me so happy, and I didn’t leave because you grew out of me, I left because I thought you didn’t need me anymore. You started making friends, real friends that went to school with you, I was so proud and I didn’t want to ruin it for you…”

I looked down sad, “y-you thought I didn’t need you any more…Jinx…you were my first and will always have been my greatest friend in the whole wide world…we have been through more than me and my other friends could go through in a life time. So many times I needed you and you weren’t there…all I had was the memory of you in my heart…”

He hugged tighter “I’m so sorry I wasn’t there for you…I thought me being around would have held you back from making new friends…I promise I will never leave your side again, true friends stick together till the end” he smiled that big toothy fanged smile he used to do “I’ll protect you, and make sure to keep the stupid teenage boys away from my territory” he chuckled a bit.

“Wait what!?”

 

El Fin.

© 2016 KLH


Author's Note

KLH
Hope you guys like it. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Added on January 21, 2016
Last Updated on January 21, 2016
Tags: Imaginary Friend, cute, funny

Author

KLH
KLH

Seattle, WA



About
Hello, my name is Kayla Lovell Hitchcock. I am a young, passionate artist. I do what I want and love doing it. An Earth without Art would just be Eh. "You have to be odd to be number one" - Dr... more..

Writing
A writer's life A writer's life

A Poem by KLH


My Place My Place

A Poem by KLH


To Define Tired To Define Tired

A Poem by KLH