Lines

Lines

A Story by LittleMancunian
"

Marie Smith, Maria to most is a 25 year old who was given a house by her uncle who died 22 years ago. Strange things happen in her house all of the time. Then Emily Morgan is led to her house and Mari

"

The door bell rang. Lucky I’m not at work I thought as I walked towards the doors. Yes doors. Don’t know why mine is the only house with two front doors. Very grand but then everything was grand in this house. Including the grandfather clock standing in the hallway, I don’t think it actually worked it may need winding or something but I swear occasionally it does chime, the thing must have a life of it’s own I mused as I walked to the door.


Mine is an old Victorian house which was passed on to me through the death of a distant relative. Since I liked the place I decided to keep it, it had been mine since I was three. Maintaining the place takes more money then I have but the trust fund that was left for the house is very generous so I can afford to keep it. My uncle must have been very good at planning ahead. He seemed like a witty man I still keep finding things of this around the house as well as little notes telling me about the house. Last night I discovered a secret compartment in one of the bed rooms with a hand written note from him. He’d written it one night when I had been sleeping over at 18 months. The thought of him made me smile. I’m sure I felt him around the house sometimes.


I opened the door and found a lady standing there. In an oversized coat, she looked like she normally wore heavy make up and her ear lobes were stretched like she wore heavy ear rings often. The thought of that nearly made me cringe openly, that's when I realised I had been staring at her only she had been doing the same to me - not the recoiling part though, I think. She stood there half a smile on her lips and looked at me as if expecting me to recognize her. Which I didn’t so I asked her if I could help her.


‘Marie Salvador Martinez García Smith?’


She said my whole birth name with a perfect Spanish accent (well apart from the Smith of course). I never used the middle three names and was known simply as Marie Smith, Maria to most.

I hadn’t been called that in a long time

‘I’m sorry who are you?’


‘My name is Emily Morgan I was a friend of your uncles.

I looked at her I was 25 my uncle had died 22 years ago and she didn’t really look old enough to have been a friend of his, then she smiled at me and I saw the lines around her eyes.

Oh

She looked harmless enough so I let her in.

She smiled as she walked in and looked around,

“It’s still exactly the same” she commented

“I’d feel weird changing anything of the house around, I mean I still find notes from my uncle around.” I lead her to the living room

‘I’m not surprised he does things like that” she lowers her voice and I swear she says “even though it's breaking the rules”

I turned and looked at her in surprise.

‘oops sorry did I just keep expecting him to walk out of the kitchen with a pan in hand.’


I led her to the kitchen and asked if she wanted some tea which she did. She watched as I made the tea using free tea leaves. She inhaled deeply and took and sip. She put the cup down and looked at me,

“I used to read tea leaves” she said “professionally.”

I look at Ms Morgan and think she's a little strange.

© 2013 LittleMancunian


Author's Note

LittleMancunian
There's more to come, I'm just trying to figure out what goes where!
Please be kind, it's my first time posting anything here!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

cool story, now I'm just interested in what happens next! Good job. Characters seem interesting!

By the way: if this is going to be a book, you could post it as a book and then post separate chapters instead of separate stories? That way it's easier to find each chapter etc. Sorry if that made no sense whatsoever lol.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rose of Gondor

10 Years Ago

Yah, I figured. :D just wanted to give you heads-up!
I like the way it's named, it's relevant.. read more
LittleMancunian

10 Years Ago

Bless you that's such a sweet thing to say!
Rose of Gondor

10 Years Ago

It's just the truth :D



Reviews

cool story, now I'm just interested in what happens next! Good job. Characters seem interesting!

By the way: if this is going to be a book, you could post it as a book and then post separate chapters instead of separate stories? That way it's easier to find each chapter etc. Sorry if that made no sense whatsoever lol.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rose of Gondor

10 Years Ago

Yah, I figured. :D just wanted to give you heads-up!
I like the way it's named, it's relevant.. read more
LittleMancunian

10 Years Ago

Bless you that's such a sweet thing to say!
Rose of Gondor

10 Years Ago

It's just the truth :D
This is very well written! The only thing is, is in the beginning you flipflopped between the past and present tenses. :) I'd suggest reading it aloud for minor edits. The story is quite interesting, keep posting!! :D

100/100

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LittleMancunian

10 Years Ago

I don't usually write like this so still getting used to it! Hopefully I'll improve soon!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013
Tags: supernatural, tea readings, lay lines, magic, young woman, learning, mystery

Author

LittleMancunian
LittleMancunian

Manchester, North West, United Kingdom



About
I write as therapy. Sometimes its about things that have happened to me. Sometimes is something totally made up. I'm quite insecure about my writing and as I think it reveals a bit too much about me... more..

Writing