The Christmas Box

The Christmas Box

A Story by Jo
"

A funny story about a box of goodies we received at christmas

"
When our daughter was in the about the 4th grade,each child in her class wrote to 10 different men in service. Joanna was thrilled to receive their replies in the mail even tho a big part of them ask if her mommie was married. There was one very special man named A J who wrote her back and they wrote to each other for many yrs.She send him pics of her herself, her puppy and a ton of other stuff.. While he was stationed in Japan, he sent her a huge box of goodies from Japan at christmas! She was thrilled to receive it and we began to dig into all the goodies. There was cookies, little cakes,lots of chocolate and chips and such. All the packages were wrote in japanese which also thrilled Joanna. She saved all the wrappers in a big book and showed them proudly to all her friends. 
Several days after we had finished eating all the goodies, a letter from A J arrived. Joanna excitely sat down and begin to read the letter to me. She was reading aloud when all the sudden she stopped reading, looked at me with a funny look on her face and her lower lip began to quiver. I asked her what was wrong but she just handed me the letter. 
A.J was telling us in the letter that he had sent her a big box of all the goodies that they had in Japan that we dont have here in the states. He described all the items in the box and the very last thing he wrote was " And I sure hope you puppy enjoys the dog treats I included just for him" We had EATEN the freaking dog treats!!!! Everything was written in japaneese and we didnt have a clue that some of it was dog treats!!!!! The letter was suppose to arrive before the box but thanks to the U S mail service, we ate the freaking dog treats!!!!!!!
Am still scratching myself and I have to restrain myself from chasing squirrels but other than that, I really dont think it effected us at all.

© 2016 Jo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on January 30, 2016
Last Updated on January 30, 2016
Tags: christmas, treats, dogs, service men

Author

Jo
Jo

hickory, NC