Late Nights

Late Nights

A Poem by Susannah
"

This is about how much I love my room at night.

"

Late nights are my favorite. There's so much quiet. I can hear the crickets and there's no people. I'm free to look at my ceiling as long as I want. There's no consequences. My room changes at night. All the shadows that were there during the day have changed at night but I'm no longer afraid of them like I was when I was little. They are now comforting and I look forward to the time where I can just curl up under blankets and let my mind run wild with all my thoughts. All the things I did during the day and my to do list for tomorrow. I can think about my friends and the guy I like. But with that mind running, there comes embarrassing things. What I wish I hadn't said or done. I quickly block that out of my mind and go back to happy thoughts. My room smells different at night and I don't know why. It smells sweet and nice. My mind is drifting off now. I close my eyes and let sleep take over.


© 2017 Susannah


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on June 20, 2017
Last Updated on June 20, 2017
Tags: Poem, Late night, Late Nights, dark, quiet

Author

Susannah
Susannah

VA



About
I love writing and I always have. I prefer writing short stories, poems, and other things. Hope you enjoy my writing! more..

Writing