Angel piece

Angel piece

A Story by Lizisit
"

No real title yet. This was a small section from one of the books I am writing that was made on one of my one-a-day writing weeks. It jumps in with the main character Vic. It is non-edited

"

“Wrist, Wrist, Wrist, Wrist, Wrist” The chaotic mess of people continued to scramble around Vic and Vic didn’t seem to notice them either. All down the streets of Manhattan were crowds of people hustling and bustling to their specific destinations, which would be rather normal if all their destinations weren’t the same location. That is just chaos. Vic couldn’t take time to notice all the specific things happening, there was only one thing on her mind, being Vics. How did my wrist break? How can I fix it? 

Vic started to get pushed more and more as she became more aware of the chaos that was blocked out do to the searing pain in her wrist. She grabbed the nearest run-by-er on her right side and got really close to their face. 

“What is happening?” she demanded, clenching her teeth to hold back the pain in her limb. It was an average looking guy wearing a sweatshirt. His eyes looked grey, empty but his expression was filled with anxiety. 

“You’re kidding, right, eh?” he prolonged his stare toward her for a moment and then tried to shuffle out of her grip on his clothing. She didn’t budge. “What!?” he yelled exasperated. He looked up into the sky and back at her desperately. “Are you blind?” he yelled before a pause where Vic followed his gaze above them. She barely felt the man shove off her and run away as she caught sight of the culprit to the pandemonium crowding her. 

There was a ship- a white one. It was hovering above the skyscrapers not particularly doing anything. It couldn’t be a blimp because it had too much detail and looked far too heavy to float on helium and fire. It had many breaks, sections, things that resembled windows, and two large wings angling toward the back of the body. The wings looked to be exactly what they were, feathered wings- but these weren’t feathers, not light fluffy bird feathers, but large heavy looking ones. How was it staying up there? 

“How is it staying up there�"” Vic remembered the man had run away and tried to find another people to ask, they all were clearing out of the area in which she stood. The sound of fear and screams were getting farther and farther away from her, she held onto her wrist with her healthy one and then let out some air from her clenched teeth. She had to get out of the open area that has to be her first move. This would be hard, since she was in the middle of time square and the hard-feathered white ship was turning its course toward her. 

Vic did a quick dash toward the nearest building but before she made it there a shadow eclipsed the sky and she paused in fear. Turning around was supposedly a difficult thing to do when your body is frozen, instinct says don’t move, but Vic realized it was the least difficult thing she would have to do- it was fight or flight. 

© 2014 Lizisit


Author's Note

Lizisit
ignore grammar problems, this is a first draft- I thought I would just post something that I've been working on.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on October 6, 2014
Last Updated on October 6, 2014
Tags: angel, modern, psychology, fantasy, sci-fi, fiction, creative, trans, lesbian, social

Author

Lizisit
Lizisit

New York, NY



About
I have been writing for years. I love sci-fi and fantasy and my main themes are real social or psychological issues in the world. more..

Writing