Love: a prequel to oblivion...

Love: a prequel to oblivion...

A Story by Everchanging Disaster
"

So this is more or less an excerpt from the book I'm working on...a sort of preview if you will. Not really a story...sorry.

"
Where to start...
To all the people whom I have given advice to regarding "Love":
It is easy to pretend to be an expert when you feel you are absolutely sure of something,
but the harsh truth is you can never be absolutely sure of...well, anything.
I take all of my biased opinions back. Love is real, don't get me wrong-but the kind of "true love" that people wish for and dream about and aspire to attain is a myth, a ploy to keep us happy.
"They say everyone has a soul mate"
But who are THEY?
You know...THEM...the ever popular "collective".
THEY say a lot, but rarely do you find proof of their revelations.
Well I am here to tell you that if you love someone then it is a job, something you have to
work at and is never fully complete. It is a priceless fragile antique that you put
in the safest place of your heart so that it doesn't get broken. If I have told you otherwise
then I apologize. Love is nothing more than a measure of happiness, and just as quickly as your mood changes you can loose it. I thought that I knew true love once, I opened my heart completely and trusted another person with my life, I gave it freely and expected nothing in return but was disappointed by it.
No, not "heartbroken" That is what you are when you are NOT in love. That is how
you feel when you realize that you tried to find love in the wrong person and failed.
I loved the perfect person, everything I wanted and needed he had. We never fought and laughed a lot, and still it just wasn't enough. And it never will be, because without happiness there is no love.
I realize that now, Love takes everything you have. It builds with every kiss and every touch.
It appears strong...strong enough even to weather any storm, but in fact is nothing more than a word.
Given strength but the tone of our voices.
Easily abandoned, but not easily forgotten. It leaves you stripped and naked of your armour...devout of reason.
And so I am disappointed, saddened even by the slaying of my "love dragon" but never heartbroken, all though a bit more headstrong.
Good luck to you and your follies!

© 2008 Everchanging Disaster


Author's Note

Everchanging Disaster
I'm sure you have your own opinion-i'm not trying to give you mine...stick to the basics.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was really interesting! Your perspective and dissection of love was unique and full of truth. I really enjoyed this!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
1 Review
Added on October 2, 2008
Last Updated on November 10, 2008

Author

Everchanging Disaster
Everchanging Disaster

About
The names Loeva...as in (L0W)-[E]-{VAH} Well I am living at home. Which is probably one of the best places for me. I was into some pretty bad trouble about two years ago but I consider myself fully re.. more..

Writing