A Voice in Silence...

A Voice in Silence...

A Story by Everchanging Disaster
"

Sitting in a cold car, a song on the radio brings back a powerful memory

"

     In her car the sweet smell of strawberries wafts from the vent, rain forms rivers on the windshield. The sounds caressing her ear from the radio call her back to a night of assurance and warmth, retrieves her from a past where the hour is none and calls her home.

© 2008 Everchanging Disaster


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the way this story involves all the reader's senses. I can smell the strawberries! You describe the effects of listening to the radio beautifully. This is a gem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I liked this piece .. much said in such a brief way about the beauty of music & nature .

Posted 15 Years Ago


Isn't this what music is all about? It forms a soundtrack around our lives and serves to pull us back into the past from time to time to remind us of a piece of time we might have lost without that one musical moment to remind us. As always, you write beautifully and concretely so that the reader can feel, hear, see, smell, etc the things you are experiencing...I do feel, however, that there is something unfinished about the experience. Can you share the memory brought to mind with us? Perhaps the presence that seemed to fill the seat beside you as the music played? (I have been there too). Even seemingly unfinished, though, your poetry is quite evocative in honest emotion. Thanks for the beautiful read.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 28, 2008
Last Updated on October 28, 2008

Author

Everchanging Disaster
Everchanging Disaster

About
The names Loeva...as in (L0W)-[E]-{VAH} Well I am living at home. Which is probably one of the best places for me. I was into some pretty bad trouble about two years ago but I consider myself fully re.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..