From the Sky

From the Sky

A Story by Shaun Gurmin

The night is cold; all are asleep, and I sit here thinking. Stars sprinkled across the heavens illuminate the hearts of the empty clouds.

 

A comet streaks through the sky, shining brighter, growing larger, arcing down towards me. The celestial fire plummets, roaring like a medieval cavalry, closing my eyes, bracing myself, before it impacts the earth before me.

 

I open my eyes. There I see her - from out of this world.

 

Alien, her eyes are dark, like two black stars in the cosmic night. Their gravity I can´t escape, deeper and deeper I´m pulled, until all else becomes a blur, deeper and deeper I fall, until nothing else has meaning.

 

Her skin is white, pure and warm, like a sunrise on a snowy world. Glowing, she radiates a magnetism which I cannot repel, something within is so helplessly attracted, so helplessly drawn in.

 

Her hair is beyond black, like the primeval universe, before the first starlight. Light itself succumbs, bending, veering, roaming along her waves of wonder.

 

Her lips are pink, as if kissed by a starburst, delicate and flawless, belonging to a time when impurities didn’t exist.

 

We stand gazing, falling into each other´s eyes, speaking so little, but saying so much. Unique, both different and distinct - we are the few in the world of the many.

 

A connection transcends. A connection woven through the fabric of reality, pulling us, moment by moment, closer together.

 

Ancients wrote of a moonless night, when the waves were barely ripples, how the sea breeze must have been as soft as her voice. From her lips to my mind, she speaks, beckoning, luring, “come find me”.

 

With my mind enchanted by her image and voice, she vanishes, fading into the mundane world, an enigma to be searched out.

© 2017 Shaun Gurmin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on December 28, 2017
Last Updated on December 28, 2017

Author

Shaun Gurmin
Shaun Gurmin

Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
Hello, My name is Shaun, I teach English, and I write in my spare time. more..

Writing
Silence Silence

A Poem by Shaun Gurmin


The Map The Map

A Poem by Shaun Gurmin