The Story Of A Lab Rat

The Story Of A Lab Rat

A Story by London
"

⚠NOTICE⚠ !!This is UNFINISHED!! This is the story of a boy who gets lost in the woods and captured by a team of evil scientists.. We will see what he does to escape!

"

It was an early Saturday morning when I woke up. I didn't expect anything out of the ordinary to happen. I look to my side and see my curtains lit up with the sun's rays and my alarm going off. I picked up my phone that was placed on my bedside table and checked the time. It's 6:34, when I let out a grunt I knew I was not going to be able to fall back asleep, so with a roll I flopped out of bed landing face first. It hurt, but I was too tired to care.

I slowly sat up and stared at the wall for a solid few minutes waiting for my body to be able to function. As I started to stand up my head was screaming. I got ready for the day with a slight limp. I had almost forgotten about that. I walked out of my room and down the stairs straight into the kitchen where my dad was making breakfast for me and my other siblings.

I said hello to my father and sat down. "Got any ibuprofen? My head is killing me." I asked my dad in a tired and loopy tone. "That fight got you all beat up boy. Get it yourself, it's on-top of the fridge." My dad replied in a joking manner. I got up and walked over to the fridge. I perched on my tip-toes and grabbed the bottle, taking a few pills out and swallowing them with a sip of water. "Can you wake up your sisters for me?" My dad asked. "sure." I mumbled with obvious annoyance.

Finally I had some time to myself. I had asked dad if I could go for a quick walk to clear my mind. The wind was cold and soft, everywhere I looked there were people happily enjoying their lives. Leaves were turning orange and falling off of their trees, covering the path. I looked at a certain black cat and smiled as I continued dozing off, still tired from yesterday. As I walked I started drifting off the designated walking area into the woods. I guess I was so caught up I didn't notice. By the time I had realized where I was, it was too late. I had gotten myself lost.



I had been walking in circles for hours hoping to find my way out. But I had no luck. Each tree looked the same; each path led to a river, pile of rocks, or an empty clearing. At this point I was freaking out. What would father say if I didn't come home by lunch. I gave up after what felt like an hour and checked my phone, no signal. By now my heart was racing and my mind was throwing so many scenarios at me. What will happen to me? Will I die here alone? Is anybody looking for me?.. As I slumped down against a tree I tried focusing on my breath. Panting won't help my situation. I try to tell myself to calm down as I stare at a bunny hopping down a narrow strip of trees. I’ve always loved rabbits. They seem so docile and fragile from afar, but I’ve never gotten close enough to one to really be able to tell.        

  With nothing better to do I stand up with a slight grunt, my leg still pounding from the bruises I got back at home. I look up and notice it to be around 8 based on the sun's angle in the sky. I then attempted to follow my footsteps, but to no avail since the wind had blown leaves atop every path. Soon I find myself stumbling across streams and tripping over rocks. My body has gone into a state of panic and I can't control it. All I remember next is tripping over a pile of sticks, then everything went black. I slowly wake up, cold and dense. I can’t move my body, not even my mouth is able to form a scream. Each breath I take brings excruciating pain and I’m forced to stay perfectly still whilst I listen to voices in the background.

       I can’t make out what they are saying, or who these people are. All I know is I'm stuck. The hairs on my arms start to raise as I hear the opening of what I think is a door. “He’s awake!” I hear a lady yell with a tone of shock in her voice. Next thing I know I hear about 4 other people shuffling around me. I slightly turn my head letting out a grunt when I make direct eye-contact with a man in a white suit. He has a surgical mask on with dark brown hair pinned up in a medical cap. I’m in a hospital? I ask myself silently in my mind. Maybe I was found? My muscles slightly relax to this thought, but I still have a strong uneasy feeling lingering around me.

      I can’t see much since my vision is blurry and limited but my eyes slowly start to fixate on my surroundings. Stone.. Stone walls, stone floor, stone ceiling. This isn't a hospital. Not even close. This thought causes my body to stiffen. Where am I? I slowly try to move my lips into a talking motion but the only sound that comes out is painful and silent. As I start to gain more control of my body I look around at the people surrounding me. “May we re-seduce the patient sir?” A lady in a white surgical gown asks somebody beyond my vision. “No. I would like to chat with the boy.” I hear a males voice say in a stern manner that sends shivers down my spine. As I lay there paralyzed I listen as all of the people scurry out of the room like hurried rats. I slowly begin to drift back into unconsciousness when I feel a sharp pain in my arm that causes me to flinch but the movement only sends signals of pain throughout my body. “Easy there tiger. You still need time to heal.” I hear the same male voice as before, but this time it's much more relaxed. “I don’t plan on hurting you.”

      After his words the room falls completely silent as my senses start to work once more. “You should be able to somewhat move soon.” I hear the man say while facing a sink in the far back corner of the room. “W-..Where am I..” I managed to spit out the words though they were painful and quiet. Nothing happens for a few seconds til I start to hear footsteps slowly approaching from my left. Soon I can feel his breath on my face when he whispers in my ear, “You.. Are at The Parasitic Experimentation Plant.” The words don't register in my mind, the confusion must be visible when the man clarifies, “You will become a monster here.” My eyes widen as I hear the words circling in my mind. Monster.. Monster.. I will be a monster? I ask myself this at least 30 times before the man walks out of the room and everything drops silent once more.

            I attempt to move my hand but all it does is send sharp pains up my arm causing me to let out a loud grunt. I decide moving isnt of my best interest at the moment and scan the room with what vision I have left. Sink.. Desk.. Window.. I start listing the features when I realize.. Window! For some reason this discovery eases things in the back of my mind. I’m not underground. I’ve always had a fear of caves after watching my own mother get crushed by the collapsing walls of one. These memories cause me to forget my situation and start crying. I quickly squeezed my eyes shut as if I was closing the door to a vault and everything inside was much too precious to lose.

TO BE CONTINUED!

© 2022 London


Author's Note

London
This is unfinished, grammar may be messed up, less dialogue!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on February 16, 2022
Last Updated on February 16, 2022
Tags: Fiction, Scientist, Lost, Woods, Adventure, Escape, Unfinished, Boy, First-person, Mutation, Lab, Laboratory, Kidnapped, Run-away, Bullied, Interesting, Thriller, Horror, Magic, Supernatural, Animal

Author

London
London

OH



About
I just enjoy writing fiction stories! I also do some poems, (I'm not the best 🤷‍♀️) more..