Home

Home

A Poem by Lone Shadow

I went to the cliff today, and I jumped.
I looked out over the water, steely gray and cold. The depths seem to summon me, beckon me to their icy core. "Come to me" I hear the sea whisper in the wind. The sea, she calls to me, calling to me to join her again, to return to my home beneath the surface where tears are mixed with those of a thousand lovers who have cried to the sea. Where pain mixes with the icy cold of the waves and suffering vanishes into the abyss. The oceans of time are laid before me and I long to be home again, lulled to sleep by the crashing of waves against the rocky cliffs, the roar of the wind on the water. As I fall closer and closer to her waiting arms I feel the spray on my face and body. I feel the sting of the liquid ice and the comfort of her touch. Finally, as if I am being born, I crash through the barrier between these two worlds. My eyes are open, the water envelops me, deeper and deeper I sink, visions of my life playing before my eyes like a theater where I am the star. People who knew me, people who did not. "Do not mourn for me" I tell them inside myself " I am home, and I am free".
I went to the cliff today, and I jumped.

© 2010 Lone Shadow


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on April 11, 2010
Last Updated on April 11, 2010

Author

Lone Shadow
Lone Shadow

Roy, UT



About
Ask me any question you like, any question in the world. I will answer anything so do not be afraid. more..

Writing
Fire Fire

A Poem by Lone Shadow