Caleb

Caleb

A Story by Andrew Norton
"

A story of the great knight, Sir Clostine.

"
     In a small kingdom a thousand years ago, there was once Sir Clostine, a loyal knight to the king. Clostine was sent by the king to slay a dragon who had been shoplifting phones from the stores.
     That day, Sir Clostine rode his horse to the man-cave of the dragon.
     He proclaimed, "Hand over the phones or feel the wrath of Sir Clostine!"
     The dragon was not impressed with this being in his dwelling. The dragon immediately burst a flame of fire. Clostine reacted by throwing his mighty sword at the beast and defeated him.
     When a sword has its first kill, it has the ability to be enchanted by a wizard. Sir Clostine went to the great wizard, Spratey. Spratey said that he could enchant the sword to immediately cut off the head of the nearest enemy under a special code word.
     Sir Clostine asked, "What word would that be?"
     "The sword chooses," Spratey paused, "Caleb!"
     Sir Clostine thought nothing of it at the time. The sword would bring good luck to the kingdom and his family. He would say the word whenever in danger and he could help the situation greatly.
     For Sir Clostine's victory in defeating the dragon, many parades were thrown and many people decided to give gifts to him. One of these people who came to him was the one who had his phones taken from him in the first place.
     The merchant said, "Thank you for all of your help, good sir! My business would not have endured without you!"
     Clostine replied, "I was only doing my duty as a knight, you do not have to thank me."
     The merchant insisted, "No, as a token of my appreciation, I will give you one of my own phones. Not many people have them, however, so you may need to buy more for your friends."
     Clostine bought more phones and realized shortly how great a businessman the merchant was to persuade him that way. He thought of what the merchant could do for the kingdom.
     Clostine asked the merchant, "Son, how would you like to be a part of the kingdom?"
     The merchant looked up, amazed, and said, "Yes! Thank you! Let me introduce myself officially. My name is Caleb..."

© 2014 Andrew Norton


Author's Note

Andrew Norton
This is a story that is a combination of Fantasy, Comedy, and Horror. The Horror is not terrible, but is the main basis of the story, so it falls in that category.

Pronunciations:
Clostine (Claw-St-Eye-Ne)
Spratey (Spray-Tea)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on November 12, 2014
Last Updated on November 12, 2014
Tags: Fantasy, Comedy, Horror, Clostine, Sir Clostine, Dragon, Caleb, Merchant, Phone

Author

Andrew Norton
Andrew Norton

Phoenix, AZ



About
I am a writer that found this website and I wanted to get started writing without spending the extra money to self publish books. If I actually get good enough, I might publish then, but definitely no.. more..