Revolution

Revolution

A Poem by Jonathon Wood
"

It's time to support and motivate, not thrash and destroy.

"
[VI]
It's crazy how we can go from being lazy to setting up a full time career. Not really knowing if we'll fall. So we wait, dreadin' the call that will make or break any goal that we had. Motivation so low we're already sad. That's why the administration waits, seein' if you can really take some hate. They know they're late, but they need to know that you're great. Your fate is decided in those moments. So behold it, and never let go. No matter what foe you come across, just tell em' to go home. You've got a show, while they're hittin' on the low. They aint nothin' but bigots. Hell, call em' piglets. They're Intimidated, so they're agitated. You're elevated, so you're gated. Shielded by the ones who hold their tongues. 

[Chorus]
Rap is dead. This is the revolution, not the evolution. No pollution. I am the resolution. Here to to stay, but mainly here to play. Haha I'm risen up, and starting the revolution of my people who are feeble from the evil you play on the radio, or stereo, or s**t of decay. 


[VII]
This game, is what brings us fame. Not some lame rhyme. So please take your time, and chime up some decent beats. Quit talkin' bout what's beneath the sheets, and how women are treats. You're producin' creeps. Teachin' people how to jump from the ledge of their life, and wedge some knife in their chest cause there's nobody left. What you should be rapping is motivation, not trapping them in sin. Don't you dare write fin on the life of your fans. Inspire them to chase their dreams, to not scheme. Show em' their is a ray of hope, without dope. Help em' cope with the loss of a loved one, or someone who was close. Don't be a ghost in the life of your loyal fan, or should I say friend? 

[Chorus]

[VIII]
The odds are uneven, you beaven, or heathen. Whichever you prefer. I'll whip your a*s either way. Now stay, and listen. You're missin' the point of fame. It's not to gain, but to change. Prove we're worthy while we're locked in a cage. Not to drink, but to think. Not to wink, but to shrink and show some humility. 

[Chorus]

[End]
This final verse is the hearse for the curse of the inverse who converse their averse just to rehearse their disperse. In other words, time is up.

© 2013 Jonathon Wood


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on April 30, 2013
Last Updated on April 30, 2013
Tags: Revolution, Lyrics, Inspirational, Real

Author

Jonathon Wood
Jonathon Wood

Greenwood, AR



About
Just a young writer. more..

Writing