I'm Here

I'm Here

A Poem by Jonathon Wood
"

Why abandon your fans who brought you fame once you've arrived to the top? The bottom line is, without them you're nothing.

"
[VI]
Alright, sit back and appreciate everything I've done. I haven't won but the weight on my shoulders no longer weighs a ton. I'm actually havin' fun. Started from the bottom, rose to the top and I ain't ever gonna stop. Droppin' these verses ain't no need for cursin'. Even when I'm rehearsin' these words are burstin' out my mouth knockin' y'all in a hearse. It's like a curse for my enemies when I'm spittin' a verse. You're weary, but I'm still cheery. Hear the fans cheerin' me on. They flock to me, and I ain't ever gonna take em' for granted. My feet are planted to the ground, I'm a voice for those who can't be found. Wow,  It's amazing what happens when you give a damn bout what happens to your fam, and that's what y'all are. My family, to this day I make a promise. I ain't ever gonna drop ya, but instead lift you high and pull you from the dark. 


[Chorus]
I'm here because you cheered me on. Waited till Dawn to hear my release, and when I dropped y'all picked me back up. That's why I'll never reject a fan, you've become fam. I give a damn when others don't. I hope my music flows through your veins inspiring you till the very end. 

[VII]
It was hard, now I'm here. Mind clear. No fear. I'm a soldier to the very the end. Wanna see how far I'll bend? Then don't clap when I'm done, ruin my fun, and shun. You think you'll knock me down? Fine, I got a gun and it's aimed at your head. Better place it on a bed and say goodnight. You're filled with fright, I can see it your eyes. Don't deny that I scare you. Pause. Respect the truth that I'm spittin'. Hittin' your low balls out of the park, like I'm Babe Ruth, and you're just a Baby Ruth giving people cavities. You're a disease infecting minds of the people and corruptin' their thought process with immoral vows. I'm here to save the day, fly away, and help those who have gone astray. You wanna play with the weak? Take your best shot.

[Chorus]

[VIII]
I started in Arkansas, inspired by VooDoo himself. J.Reyez blew the breath into the mess I thought was my life, while D-Pryde lit a light to show me the way, and Lil Crazed drug me out from the abyss. Your hate missed, because when I flew away into their music I was inspired. I was wired. Not even close to tired. I sat on the edge of my seat, not accepting defeat, and I wrote verses as if I was conversin' with the world, and suddenly I was hurled from my shell and dedicated to my dreams. I smartened up, and my grades grew. I lightened up, and my friends flocked. I tightened the seal on the door that is my virtue and grew as a person. Now I'm here. Sweat down my brow, blood coursin' now, feel like I'm growin' wow. Here we go. I'm rappin' for the individual, intellectual, motivational, gentle human being who knows the darkest place and wouldn't replace it for all the gold in the world. His occupation has become to shun the dark and save his friends. He blends in so well, but he'll never tell.

© 2013 Jonathon Wood


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on May 3, 2013
Last Updated on May 3, 2013
Tags: Songs, Lyrics, I'm Here, Teddy, Truth, Rap

Author

Jonathon Wood
Jonathon Wood

Greenwood, AR



About
Just a young writer. more..

Writing