The Letter of Sorrow

The Letter of Sorrow

A Stage Play by Jonathon Wood
"

When Robby finds himself about to lose his entire world, Jessica, he seals his fate with one final letter. (1-2minutes)

"
Dearest love,
I know you don't miss me, but I miss you. It's been four days since we've spoken, since I was able to hear angels calling my name. I fucked up so bad, I admit it. I broke your heart and it's killing me inside. I never meant to betray you, abandon you, cast you into my own forsaken abyss of shadows. I never wanted you to become some forgotten memory lingering in the back of my mind. What happened to us? How did we reach such a moment of desperation that I would even contemplate such a remorseful act. Maybe nothing happened, maybe I just...I just... I don't know. It's all my fault I'm on the verge of losing everything, and I don't even know why I did it. All I know now is I can't afford to lose you, not now. Please, not now. Not when I'm so desperately alone. At least be with me until the end. Until the isolation and desperation have faded. I can't, no, I wont live without you. You're all that is just, you're all that is perfection, you're all that is good in my world. I fucked up, and I'm sorry. Please forgive me, give me another chance. That wont happen though, will it? It's getting late now, and I'm not growing any younger. I can't even utter the three simply words I wish so dearly to tell you. Ten seconds to midnight. Five. Four. Three. Two. One. 

© 2013 Jonathon Wood


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
Added on May 16, 2013
Last Updated on May 16, 2013
Tags: Sorrowful, Depressive, The Letter of Sorrow, Teddy, Writing, Monologue, Deep, Letter

Author

Jonathon Wood
Jonathon Wood

Greenwood, AR



About
Just a young writer. more..

Writing