Them.

Them.

A Poem by Lookwithinsight
"

Learning lessons from the ones that hurt you.

"

I wanna be like them. All of the ones that left me behind. No, I want to be all in one.

The hazel-eyed dragon. The freckled menace. The blue-eyed kraken. The player’s apprentice.

What a perfect image, and I’m but a frame. Tell me what it takes to stake a claim, to make a name. Don’t wanna be a butt in the ashtray. Don’t wanna be the butt of jokes, the crass play. They all say, “ What? Who? We?”

I’m not worth their memory. I’ve no dignity, nothing left to lose. Everything to gain, I’ll put my neck around the noose. This time, I choose.

© 2015 Lookwithinsight


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

man, this got me hooked. really different from what I've read so far. graet title and an even better ending. Keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


You're writing is very attention-holding. Nice portrayal of thoughts and emotions.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Your poetry expresses the showcase of heart-bounds wounded around the world that gives it only the pain / heartaches in disguise so, it's good to make revolutions not to get trapped inside... anymore. Nice imagery you've come up with. Liked it!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lookwithinsight

9 Years Ago

Thank you!!!! I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the first part. I tend to write better sad thin.. read more
Adam Adams

9 Years Ago

Your're welcome! I mean by the fire part... you write with your heart, no matter how pain the world .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

414 Views
3 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 15, 2015
Last Updated on April 15, 2015
Tags: exes, lul

Author

Lookwithinsight
Lookwithinsight

Lexington



About
My name is Kimberlee, but people call me Kimmy a lot. I'm eighteen and I live in South Carolina. I never know what to put on these. I write poems. I'm making this so that I can meet other writers, s.. more..

Writing