I'm Not Real

I'm Not Real

A Story by MK-Lore
"

Do you ever feel like everyone you love leaves you?

"

I feel emotions splash over me, ever drifting further down the well. It's a well that I built. A well I dug myself into, and can never seem to entirely escape. Sometimes I can muster enough strength to push myself up. I can see the daylight, and dream of being out in the sun, but I always seem to slip and fall back in. Once again the cold water splashes over me, and I am forced to wade alone.

 

I would like to reach out to you. I want you to give me your heart. It's cold as an icy stone, but I beg. I plead. I always cling to you by your side. I attach myself to you, and you hold my hand, give me your stone heart. Then you yank it away, and drop me. I have plunged fully into the well now, and I'm surprised I haven't broken. There are times in which I come so close to shattering, that I ponder whether I should complete the process. I want to expose myself to the world, but I am always thrown back, like an insignificant fish. I am no prize to you. I am nothing.

 

Sometimes I am forced to see myself as something unreal. It is as if everyone imagines me. I am a useless phase. Whenever intensity builds, I am once again abandoned. I can beg for your ice cold stone of a heart. I can grovel at your feet and beg for the love you cannot give. All I want is to be seen, but I am not real. I am a figment of your imagination. I am the toy who cannot feel. I am the doll that you grew out of long ago because you became too close and the other children laughed at you.

 

So I reach out...I always reach out. I try to touch your heart, I try to hold on to it for as long as possible, but I am burned by the ice. So I sit here, soaked in the chilled water, always waiting for that person who will rescue me. I wait for the one whose heart won't try to break me. I dream about the days on the surface, in the warmth of the sun, where perhaps even your heart will melt. I cry out with no voice, and silent echoes bounce off of the stone walls, once again reminding me of what will never come. Yet I will wait. I will try. I won't lose hope, even when I know my desires aren't realistic. After all, I'm not real. It doesn't matter. It never will.

© 2014 MK-Lore


Author's Note

MK-Lore
Comment as you please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on September 28, 2014
Last Updated on September 28, 2014
Tags: imaginary, not real, sadness, abandonment, friendship, love, feelings, emotions, essay, dramatic, intense

Author

MK-Lore
MK-Lore

Northbrook, IL



About
An aspiring writer, novelist, lyricist, singer and artist. An emotional muse who expresses herself through her art and the written word. A college student struggling to keep afloat in a world with so .. more..

Writing
Freak Freak

A Story by MK-Lore