Present

Present

A Story by Lora

  When I was young . I never question life .I always play to the fullest until I get tired and sleep soundly in my bed.
When I grew older .Little by Little I slowly understand the world. My reason of living grew bigger . I always go to school ,eat my meal .and learn how to respect my elders.
Suddenly one night when I was 8, I was lying in the ground in my parent  room and remembering the past. when I was still two years old my mother use to carry me me in to her arms for me to stop crying and sang me a lullaby for me to sleep. then I question the future .if I grew up my mother will grow older and eventually will disappear in my life. after that I cried so hard and ran to our kitchen,where my mother was. I hug her so tight that I never want to let go. slowly she knelled down and hold my hands and ask me why I was crying " bakit ka umiiyak?"(this is in filipino). I told her and then she just laugh and told me"every human being come s and go but they should enjoy there life to the fullest. you shouldn't fear death cause all of as should face it." that night I stop thinking the fear of death.
 
Now I'm 15 year old . last summer I went to this session trip in Bagiou City (a city in PHILIPPINES). it was about saving the mother earth and becoming green one of the speaker was a pastor. He was amazing speaker. He gave a speech about life and how we are destroying our planet. the human species are self-centered beings and we make many mistakes in life. we do not think of anyone problem except ourselves.His words pierces my heart but there was one line that gave me a push in reality."If we look at our Birth Certificate, are date of birth DASH the date of death. in that small small DASH (-) means our life.In that small DASH is the portion of life that was given to as by the lord."
After his speech, I smiled and came home ,thanking our lord for giving as life and protecting from the bad.
                       "Present is a gift, DON'T EVEN WAIST A SECOND OF IT"

© 2013 Lora


Author's Note

Lora
I WISH you like it. IF you don't I'm sorry

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on February 25, 2013
Last Updated on February 25, 2013

Author

Lora
Lora

zamboanga city, 9, Philippines



About
I love novels more..

Writing
just lora just lora

A Chapter by Lora